Take a Rabbit for Walks Outdoors

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEYZA

Reaction score
We just bought the Comfort Harness for Pachi. Wecouldn’t put it on her because she totally refused it.:X We really wantto bring Pachi to the park for her to walk, hop, dig to the real soiland grass.:bunnydance:

Does anyone have special tricks that I can use to put the harness & leash on her?

And if you have a nice story about bringing rabbit for walks, pleasepost. I didn’t hear much about it and not sure if it is really possibleor it is just a sweet dream for rabbit lovers. :bunnybutt:

PS. Pachi is 10 weeks old

You have to start out slow. Use it for a fewminutes inside where she usually runs around then take it off. Increasethe time she wears it till it doesn't bother her anymore. Rewarding herwith food will also help a lot. It might take awhile or it might takeno time at all just be patient.

Good Luck!

peapoo likes going for walks outside..we gooutside a lot with her..but she leads the way.also the dogs follow usaround and sometimes she follows them..she also like to go down to thepond and for some reason she likes to stick her front paws in it:)

i dont know about the harness though...we got peapoo when she was really little and she never really cared about it:?

I wanted to take mine out for a walk todayaswell. Again like you said, they totally refused it at first. ButFrodo(I think its cute) the more friendly out of the two eventually letme put it on him. he did try to pull ot off aftera while anddid manage to put his front legs through the gap, but at least I got iton him. took me about an Hour of trying.

I am going to try it again tomorrow but I think it will just take time.

I put it on top of him without fastening it and after a few tries hekinda stopped trying to push it off. Just keep trying and I hope theywill just get used to it

When I first put the harness on Mocha sheabsolutely hated it and didn't let me put it on. So what I did was putthe harness on her back then put her in a trance on her back thenbuckled it. I still have to do that because she hates fingersunder her chin!

Sunny hated hers at first too. But if I take heroutside first, and then put her harness on, she knows...So she sitspatiently until it's on. I think she's clued into the fact that harnessmeans playing outside.

Thank you, guys. I will try again this weekend.

By the way, I would like to introduce Pachi to you guys. Here she is...my Dutch girl...

She's gorgeous.

I tried my harness on Parsnip last week and although he wiggled he wasOK with it. he quite anjoyed the garden but when the neighbours dogbarked he tried to run and then panicked a little because he couldn'tget away very far. So I think just staying in the house until you bothfeel confident is a good idea

Back