Tail of a Fuzzy Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gus got a new hay rack! It's a foil and wrap organizer I got at Canadian Tire for $5!

p325317b.jpg

It fits perfectly above his litter box:

17436_384717140505_779545505_10239711_6061193_n.jpg

Gus seems to approve (Mmm! Nommy hay!):
17436_384717130505_779545505_10239710_6693871_n.jpg

Hopefully this will save me from constantly sweeping up hay off the bathroom floor all the time and alleviate our allergies which have been acting up the last month. :p

Rue

Whoa, that's really nifty! I wonder if they have them down here... And I love these pictures of Gus! He's gorgeous! Of course, I may be slightly biased because he looks similar to my rabbit. :p

Thanks, Jess!Spotted rabbits rule! :biggrin2:(Where can I see some pics of your guy?)

I'm sure they've got a similar rack in the States. I'd try Walmart, Home Depot, Target, etc.

I'm really impressed with how tidy it keeps his cage now. And I can cram inenough hay to last hima couple ofdays (whereas before I had to refill his basket at least 2-3 timesEVERY DAY!), so that helps cut down on the amount of hay dust that's getting into the air as well. :)

The only thing I don't really like about it is, because I've got it in the far back corner of his cage (kinda the only place I could put his litter box), it can be awkward to fill. I basically have to climb into his cage to do it! :shock:

Otherwise, I'd give it a 10/10!

Rue

Very Cute Pics!!! :)He is gorgeous!!

I haven't been on your blog in awhile. I'm so glad your keeping him. :yes:

I'm falling in love...

more pictures is never a bad thing!!

Just when everything seemed to be going so well, we had company over for dinnera couple weekends ago and one of our guests wasSEVERELY allergic to Gus. He was sneezing and itching and miserable the whole time he was here, and then leftearly. And now my hubby has decided he doesn't want to keep Gus again. :tears2:

I don't know what to do. Hubby says he'll let me keep him if he moves outside, but I just can't bear to put the bunny outside. How will he binky into the entertainment centre, or trip me up everytime I go into the kitchen because he wants a treat, orDBF under the dining room chair if he's out in the backyard? And how pleasant for me will it be to go outside in the unrelentingrainto feed him or clean his hutch?

But then thought of rehoming him just breaks my heart in two...

:bigtears:

Rue

no one there is allergic...why should he have to go outside or leave at all...the guest doesnt need to come over anymore!!!

Gus needs you...tell your husband we say so. Gus has never known hapiness and he found you. He did not have the most spectacular life before and to be doing binkies all the time and feeling comfortable enough to flop down and be a lazy house bun!! that's amazing!

Gus wont be right with anyone buy you

:bigtears:

o well thats good i hope you figure it out!

I hope gus gets to stay with you in your home he seems so happy.

I would get rid of hubby if he ever made me get rid of a pet that he already said could stay

Another thing that might work for you guys is compressed hay cubes--they can work pretty well at getting at least a little hay into the diet without a lot of dust, etc. They make them in Timothy (Oxbow does, and some others) and alfalfa.

Thanks so much for the thoughts and suggestions, guys!

So hubby and I had a conversation this afternoon and he's okay with keeping Gus in the house just so long as we sort out the allergy issues. When he first came to live with us, the allergy factor wasn't that bad. It's basically just since winter hit and the furnace (forced air) has been on and the quality of the hay I've been buying has gone down so significantly that our allergies have really started getting bad. I think it was just sorta the last straw when our friend came over and had such a bad allergic reaction.

Anyway, it's such a relief to know he's willing to try to work it out so we can keep Gus. :)

This is me right now: :bunnydance:

Rue

your dancing with ears on and all? how cute!!

the hay cubes is a GREAT idea!!!

I keep trying to think of a better way for you to be able to feed hay without spores getting everywhere and it being messy...i wonder if theres a way you can put it in a box where he can only get so much out at a time and the hays not ALL exposed..or maybe that just sounds silly lol

Latest posts

Back