Tabitha & Buddy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK guys! Here we go!

I know it has taken awhile and i haven't been on chatting with youlately but what can i say "Life gets the better of me sometimes and ijust can't keep up!"

Well i finally set up Tabitha's Bunny Estate. Now it isn'twhat i said it was going to be as the area of yard we were originallygoing to put her in never seemed to get any shade.

So instead, we got her a 10 foot square by 6 foot high dog kennel andput a tarp on over the top for a roof. She has a cute cottagestyle dog house full of straw to sleep in with a paver frontporch and a PVC pipe to run through.Ihave to come up with a few more ideas for things that she can climb onand hide under but forto begin with, she is loving what shehas.

bunnyestate5.jpg

bunnyestate4.jpg

bunnyestate1.jpg

There is lots of room to add more stuff for her and i would really lovetoadd a fewtallpotted plantsforextra shade.

It looks good, the only thing I would worryabout isan animal climbing in from the top. Isthere any way you can cover the top with some kind of wire fencing.

Also why don't you put her cage in her Bunny Estate so she can go intoit to chill out. We have the same cage for Daisy Mae and webuilt her a ramp so she can run up and down when she wantsto. We also bought her a little wooden "hideaway" for her togo into.

Susan
:bunnydance:

Hi All! I know it has been a reallyreally long time since i have posted but life got a little overwhelmingfor me.

Well i wanted to post some updated pictures of Tabitha and let you allknow that Tabitha has a new friend finally that she absolutelyloves. He has no name yet. He is black and white,twice the size of Tabitha and has short floppy ears. I will set up aBlog for him soon.

tab5.jpg

bu14.jpg

tab8.jpg

boytab2.jpg

We have also been very busy on building Tabithaa new enclosure. You saw pictures of her Bunny estate thatwas 10' x 10'. Well now we are building her a 22' x 16'x12'highRabbit Ranch. We are also done but she won't bein it for another two weeks as i have to landscape it and decorate itbefore she can go into it. I will post pictures ofit. It is going to be so wonderful. Now that shehas a new friend to share it with, Tabitha should really enjoy it.

Yes, they bonded instantly. He woddledover to Tabitha and started grooming her. She melted and layon the floor next to him while he groomed her. I was in shockas they had only just met each otherfor 10 minutes.Love at first sight!:D

Hey, I was just thinking of you guys! Glad to have an update!

Tabitha looks so happy to have a buddy. That is just wonderful. She issuch a lucky little girl. She must feel like Cinderella, she went frombeing put out to the garbage to having a lovely home and a new friend.What a blessed little girl.

You are so wonderful for giving her a new life. Cant wait to see picsof her new home. I better not let my boys hear about this, they will bevery jealous ;)

I am thinking he is an older rabbit.The guy got him in Los Angles and then after a couple of years hisbrother took him for 2 and a half years and then when the guy moved toflorida he got the rabbit back.

Soi am guessing about 5-6 years old if not a littlemore. Poor thing has been kept in a tiny cage all thistime. He has sores on his feet and belly from the wire cagefloor.

Now he isn't in a cage at all and never will be. He loves to lay on a straw bed.

Tabitha wrote:

Now he isn't in a cage at all and never will be. He loves to lay on a straw bed.

I wish I could hug you. These two are so lucky you came into their lives!

JadeIcing wrote:
Have a name for the blog or do you want to start a new one?

I would love to keep the same blog and just change the title to "Tabitha & Buddy".

Yes the new bunny finally has a name "Buddy". He is Tabitha'sbest buddy. She grooms him and cuddles up to him all day long.

LuvaBun wrote:
Welcome back :).

OMG, is that a Dutch lop??? :shock:. How absolutely adorable!I am so pleased that Tabitha has got a friend, and that it was instantlove. More pics, please :)

Jan

I don' t know what kind of rabbit he is.....i think maybe a Chubby Lop Eared Rabbit!:D

jordiwes wrote:
I am in love with Buddy and he might shoot to the top of my bunny napping list!

Please we need more pics of him (and Tabitha)!

:bunnyheart

I must warn you.....the Rabbit Ranch is monitored by a camera security system!:brownbunny

Any Bunny Napping will be recorded and turned over to the authorities!:brat:

Seriously, it is monitored! That is what my husband does fora living...camera systems, alarms, home theater systems. Wehave the whole property set up with cameras so we can sit infront ofthe tv and see any area of our property without leaving thecouch. It's great to turn on the tv and see the bunnies intheir Rabbit Ranch in the back yard.

I take some more pictures tomorrow. I want to try and get some of them cuddling.

Back