TA-DA! My cage for now.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattiemattiesrattery

Reaction score
Ok this cage is: 3 x 3 grids. 4 grids high in some spots. 1 Grid in others *Against the wall mostly*

What do you Think?

This cage can be two separate cages or one Big one. *I am still needing one more box though, to add more on to it. *Make it 3 x 4 and taller for more levels*

I have blankets down at the moment. But a flooring will be put down before the bunnies get in there, then they will have their blankets for the bottom and their litter boxes and hay and food and water stuffs.

*yes I still need to cut the Zip tie ends off. and Yes I am going to be Zip tying it all together once it's 100% done*

*and yes the picture puzzle on the wall will be moved*

Full view
001.jpg

Door One... Part one hehe The first piece of opening the door.
002.jpg

Fully opened
003.jpg

Piece o the floor that moves to allow better reach
004.jpg

Showing it is zip tied here so it doesn't move unless I move it.
006.jpg

Door two... Part one hehe The first piece of opening the door.
007.jpg

Fully opened
008.jpg

And my 40lb lab mix showing just how big this cage is hehe. Butterz and I *I am a rather large 24 year old. ### weight and 5'11" tall*
011.jpg

012.jpg

If you say something Negative you better say a positive, I am tired of all the negative only folks.

It looks nice! I like the size of the levels. What is that you have under the top level that looks like it's supporting it?

How many bunnies are going in this one?

One point of concern would be the one grid with large holes on the doors. Since the stupid manufacturers changed the design and made panels with larger holes, you have to be care full that those panels are along a wall or on the floor. The holes are big enough for most full grown rabbits to squeeze out or too at least get their heads stuck.

-Dawn

Underneath is a table. A sturdy table with metal legs so the buns can't chew it up. ^_^

As for the grids with the big holes I know too well about escaping bunnies from those >_<
I put the big holed ones up higher *these are all small buns going in here* and figured I would see how they were in there, if they could stretch high enough to alarm me then I can switch them around.

um there are like 5 small buns going in here. *Possibly only 2-3 though*

That is a cool idea to use the table. I can see it now that I look again.

Once it's expanded out like 3x4, it should be plenty big.

Can't wait to see more pictures as you fine tune it!

-Dawn

Yeah seeing how right now it's only 3 x 3 grids. and only has one shelf in each section to jump on.
I plan to make the top and bottom 4 x 3 and have at least 2 shelves to be on.

But they won't be in it toooooo much, and the buns will get indoor and outdoor play time and have alot of free range time.

That's cool I'm sure they will enjoy it! :)
Are you making another one so you can have a boys cage and girls cage?

Looks good. Personally, when I built my NIC cages, my biggest concern was making it easy to clean. I have mine are 2 high by 2 wide by 3 long and I have it so half of the top and all of the front can open up. Make sure you can comfortably get to every corner before you really secure everything down as it saves a lot of struggle later.

Have you decided what to use for flooring yet?

missyscove wrote:
Looks good. Personally, when I built my NIC cages, my biggest concern was making it easy to clean. I have mine are 2 high by 2 wide by 3 long and I have it so half of the top and all of the front can open up. Make sure you can comfortably get to every corner before you really secure everything down as it saves a lot of struggle later.

Have you decided what to use for flooring yet?
Yeah the way I have it right now I can easily get to every part. *I can easily crawl in too* ^_^

Until I can get the Chloroplast to put on the bottom I am putting Cardboard with Linoleum tiles down there.

Actually Hertleybun, with the help of my nephew to hold it, it took maybe 20minutes.

Latest posts

Back