Switching to cube condo, how do older rabbits do?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cremellomare

Reaction score
I have a 6 year old dutch rabbit. She has been inside most of her life, but kept in the biggest Marchiaro cage, the Tommy 102 (I think). I am now inspired to build a cube condo for her, since her cage is on a stand, we have that room and can build up. So my question is, how do they adjust? I am afraid she won't use the higher levels, I do plan on building ramps because she doesn't jump much. Anybody else had older rabbits and moved them to this type of cage? Thanks!

I think that if you make the levels about a 1/2 grid high for starters, she should be able to jump that easily. Ramps would also help, but they do take up a bit more space.

How is her mobility in general?

The bonus to the NIC is that you can always adjust it to Cads' liking with a few more zipties :D

Well Cads is a lazy bunny, she hasn't been motivated to move a lot and prefers to sit. And sit. She was jumping on top of her house until last spring but then she stopped, probably because it was too slippery for her. I'm looking forward to the project and hopefully adding another bunny soon although not in with her because she is antisocial too. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back