swine flu

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
irishbunny wrote:
Four people are being tested for it here, crap! :cry2
They had this expert guy on the telly last night and he said the wave of it that is going around now is not as strong as the one in Mexico, hence no deaths outside Mexico, but the second wave possibly will be strpnger.
i saw the rte news, they were negitive results.
phew :)

I was reading the paper on the tube this morning and saw this article, some intelligent guy was saying that swine flu will be in London allready the carriers arn't just showing symptoms yet and that the tube was a perfect breeding ground for it. I rode the tube 7 times today! I'll be going from one infected place to another :S I'm now carrying one of those travel size bottles of purrel haha. I was at the zoo today to and noticed like crowding round every other exhibits besides the pigs, poor piggies. I went and said hello though :)

PepnFluff wrote:
I was reading the paper on the tube this morning and saw this article, some intelligent guy was saying that swine flu will be in London allready the carriers arn't just showing symptoms yet and that the tube was a perfect breeding ground for it. I rode the tube 7 times today! I'll be going from one infected place to another :S I'm now carrying one of those travel size bottles of purrel haha. I was at the zoo today to and noticed like crowding round every other exhibits besides the pigs, poor piggies. I went and said hello though :)
awh, i bet the pigs loved it!
:)

I think I have a temperature!
Im still scared!
Because I'm worried that I'm not going to know I have it or not know that I have it in time!

Becca wrote:
I think I have a temperature!
Im still scared!
Because I'm worried that I'm not going to know I have it or not know that I have it in time!
becca, really CHILL!!!!!!!!!!
the 2 reported cases in scotland were up in there.
it only really affects 20-30 or 30-40 yr olds.
so please chill. your not going to get it,
OK!

I wouldn't worry about it guys. You know what the media are like - they love to whip things up out of proportion. It makes a good story.:rollseyesIt's very sad for the poor people who are infected, or have died, but I wouldn't let the media scare you with talks of a pandemic. It's probably not as bad as it seems, and even if it is (which I doubt), worrying won't help the situation at all.

There is no point in worrying about dying, after all, we could get hit by a car tomorrow crossing the road. Disease is scary, yes, but let's not panic about it.:):hug:

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
I wouldn't worry about it guys. You know what the media are like - they love to whip things up out of proportion. It makes a good story.:rollseyesIt's very sad for the poor people who are infected, or have died, but I wouldn't let the media scare you with talks of a pandemic. It's probably not as bad as it seems, and even if it is (which I doubt), worrying won't help the situation at all.

There is no point in worrying about dying, after all, we could get hit by a car tomorrow crossing the road. Disease is scary, yes, but let's not panic about it.:):hug:
now becca. jess is a smart, truthful, friendly perosn.
listen to her! lol:)

:pI should not post when half asleep.I meant if I was sick who would take care of my animals.:shock::biggrin2:

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
If I got my concern is who is taking care of the animals.

The animals of the ones who are sick or?? I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Emily

There was an article in our newspaper today explaining to everyone that the cases in the United States and really anywhere but Mexico are being contained and taken care of and that we really don't have anything to worry about right now. :)

It's worse in Mexico right now because of how many people contracted it before it was caught and they don't have healthcare that is quite like ours.

I'll bet you can book a really cheap trip to Mexico right now, lol. They are testing three people here in Florida right now. I'm really not worried.

I'm not really scared of dying or anything, I just don't want the icky flu! It's just like any other flu really except an unfamiliar strain, I'm just concerned for the sick and the elderly since there isn't a vaccine for it yet, like they get for the normal seasonal flu.

Oh and 36,000 people died in the US last year from normal seasonal flu, and none from this flu :p

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:

Agreed - I work at a school and illness goes around all the time - the colds, viruses, puke bugs.... Our nurse is keeping us updated but said not to worry from what she is hearing. If you wash your hands - don't shake hands with coughing people who didn't wash their hands, that helps. I keep hand sanitizer at my desk and when I had to use a phone that a coworker who was ill used, I sanitized it and for the first time in the 5 years I have been working here, I did not get the cold or lose my voice. My teachers and students were disappointed - I sound like Mickey or Minnie Mouse when I have laryngitis (not sure I spelled it right) and it's pretty funny.

Denise

Many people die every year from the normal flu but people still get it. Its not that big off deal. Plus they have it contanted

I wouldn't worry, the world is going to end in 2012 anyway so we haven't got long left to worry :rollseyes

pinksalamander wrote:
I wouldn't worry, the world is going to end in 2012 anyway so we haven't got long left to worry :rollseyes
Where did you here that

pinksalamander wrote:
Oh ya I heard that, it was supposed to end a few months ago too and it was supposed to end on the 6/6/06, oh and in 2002 sometime :p

pinksalamander wrote:
LOL oh yeah i keep forgetting about that.. 2012 is the most famous end of the worlddate.. that's in May of 2012 right? i have to put that one on the calendar ;) when people talk about the Myans how they made the most accurate calendar that went on for hundreds of years even after their death or disappearance i just say the poor guy who got stuck with the job of making the calendar just got tired of writingand stopped at 2012, even he must have knew he was never going to see that date... lol

Back