Swimming bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you remember the name of the episode? I want to buy it.

uhhh i don't think this is possible. And if anyone tries TO DO IT PLEASE DON'T OR YOUR LIFE WILL BE WITH NO BUNNY UR BUN WILL DIE. no bun can swim or survive underwater.

Well, I can't find the video online, but I found this picture LOL

http://dallaslibrary.org/CTX/Grant/pages/pa2003-2-200-2.htm

pa2003-2-200-2.jpg

coolbunnybun wrote:
uhhh i don't think this is possible. And if anyone tries TO DO IT PLEASE DON'T OR YOUR LIFE WILL BE WITH NO BUNNY UR BUN WILL DIE. no bun can swim or survive underwater.

There are always exceptions to the rule, as you can see.

47b4d900b3127cceb2fc3317f9250000001610

47b4d900b3127cceb2fc3333f9010000001610

LOL :)

Those buns look as if they are having a great time!!

I would never but Biggles in water as I'm convinced he would NEVER speak to me again - he's a very sensitive bun! he he

I bet they were introduced to water at an early age... I tried bathing marvin once and it was... not pleasant.

Bowser tolerates water, but I think she might panic if surrounded ! :)

proxima centauri wrote:
Jim! whoa! where did you find these?

is that your buns?

:shock:

:colors:
LOL, no those aren't my bunnies. My bunnies aren't too keen on getting wet.

Those pics are from and older thread we had, that got kind of off topic. I'm glad it did, though.

~Jim

I used to let my rabbit go swimming in our pool. He was an awesome swimmer. I had to stop letting him in because he would clog up the filter with fur ball...lol. :bunnydance:

Sharon

P.S. All rabbits know how to swim. They just chose not to.

coolbunnybun wrote:
I can totally see where you're coming from. This is one of those "dont try it at home" sort of things. I would not recommend it.

Very cool though.

As you all know recently I was having major problems with Harley and his poop and well I had to bath him and he didn't like the water. I put enoughwater to cover his bum and a little of his back. I have never seen him hop so high to get out of that tub!! lol So I don't think he would be a swimming bunny!

I remember having rabbits in the water with me when I was younger. They can swim, but not very well. It's harder for them to hold their heads above water and they tire quickly. I would imagine there are exceptions to every rule, and you will probably find a rabbit who may take to the water like a duck, but this is probably rather rare.

Another thing I recall is that the water can get into their ears easily, and could cause blockages and/or infections. I would definitely discourage anyone from trying it with their rabbits (even though the pics of rabbits swimming are very cute).

If you read the thing about Jimmy Carter and the "attack bunny", you'll see that the bunny was something called a Swamp Rabbit. Wonder what kind of breed that is?

From the article: "Not one of your cutesy, Easter Bunny-type rabbits, but one of those big splay-footed things that we called swamp rabbits when I was growing up."

Also interesting...check out this site:

http://www.nsrl.ttu.edu/tmot1/sylvaqua.htm

And from this site: http://www.enature.com/flashcard/show_flash_card.asp?recordNumber=MA0176

"[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"]All rabbits will take to water when pursued, but this excellent swimmer will swim simply to get about. To elude predators, it may remain submerged except for its nose."

Very odd...

Though no, I wouldn't recommend throwing Bunny into a pool, it seems that swimming is something they can handle, but choose not to. In the words of Mr. Burns, "Interesssssting..."
[/font]

Latest posts

Back