Swheatscoop Litter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfritzp

Reaction score
I just saw an ad today for this 'all natural'cat litter - made from wheat. I looked for it on the internet, andfound they make a version of it for small animals (ferrets, rabbits,ect). The reviews from people who use it are very good, with theexception that odor control is not that great. But, from what I'veread, the company that makes it recently improved this problem.
It is concidered 'safe' if ingested by rabbits. It looks like 'oatmeal' one user said, and clumps like the clay litter.
Not sure of the price - I found it on one site for $5.99 for 10lbs -but it was $10 shipping! Has anyone seen this in pet stores or tried it?

I tried it, when it first came out. Ithought it was horrible!! It turned to a thick mud within aday or two. Not only that, it stunk!!! No odorcontrol, at all!!! Rabbit urine is tooooooo much for it tohandle!!!

Yeah, I triedSwheatScoop with our cats, and I really wasn't impressed. My litter ofchoice is World'sBest. All-natural, biodegradable, no sticky clumps, andgreat odor control. It's a wee bit expensive, but it lasts formuch longer than any other litter I've tried. I know the company makesa litter for small animals, but I don't have any personal experiencewith it.

~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~

One of my pet-sitting customers tried it withtheir cat, and how I did dread cleaning that litter box! It hasNO odor control whatsoever, and after the cat pees in a spot, itcongeals into a nasty glop that sticks to everything. Plus it'svery expensive. Lesson learned? don't try this at home!

Greta S

Latest posts

Back