Surpised in Bunny's veggies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosyRabbits

Reaction score
So I was getting Bunny's veggies together the other day like I always do and got a surprise when I pulled out some curly parsley.

There was a caterpillar on the stem!

When I took it out I saw a spot of yellow and when I took a closer look I saw what it was. It wasn't alive though, it wasn't moving and it didn't look like it was halfway making a caccon. It looks like it was just on their when it died.

I decided to throw out the curly parsley and buy new parsley just to be careful. I guess this is what I get from buying from a different store and not checking it more closely before buying it.

I checked my insect book and it was a Black Swallowtail caterpillar, and their caterpillars eat parsley which explains why I found one on the parsley.

I'm definitely going to be checking the greens and fruits I buy more carefully. Weither I buy from our regular store or not.

If it had been alive, I'd consider that a good thing: that the parsley hadn't been sprayed with insecticide. I don't know if a dead one necessarily means it was sprayed, but I'd sure do a super job of rinsing. I tend to buy the non-curly parsley, which is easier to clean & dry.

Back