Summer's Ongoing Saga RIP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be thinking of Summer, you, Tilly and Roger as Summer's journey draws near its conclusion.
I know you will choose the right time and the right place. Summer is lucky to have you, Tracy; you are such a strong, compassionate bunny mum.:hug:

I'm really scared for her. And, as selfish as it sounds, I'm scared for me too.

Thinking of you, Summer, and her bunny buddies. Whatever happens, it will be good in the end. She has lived a full, happy life, and she will continue to do so until her time comes. There will be time to mourn her, but until then, enjoy the time you have together and don't be afraid of her leaving you.

As much as it pains me to say this, Summer is fading. She has holed herself up in the hay, really buried deep. It is very reminiscent of how Moon was when she died. Summer just seems to know. I would expect that she would die overnight, or else need help tomorrow. She is looking quite comfortable, and is in her home, and with her bondmates. I personally want to get her out and love on her, but for her, she is better off where she is unless she becomes distressed in anyway, in which case the situation changes.

I'm not going to stay up with her and harass her, I'll just let her be. She is still eating, but her body just seems to be failing. It may be that she is too breathless to move, I don't know, but she is looking very snuggled up.

If she dies overnight, I just hope its a peaceful passing. She needs Roger and Tilly there and she needs to be where she feels best. Yes, I could bring her in and cradle her, but I just feel that's not best for her right now. Tomorrow may bring a different feeling as to what is best.

So yes, as of right now, it looks like my Summery Girl is on her way out.

Huge hugs--I'm glad she gets to spend her last days with her bunny buddies and loving mom. She couldn't be with a group that loved her more.

Well, Summer made it through the night. she's a bit up and down. At one point in the night she came over and had some food, at another point in the night she showed no interest and turned her head away.

This morning I threw in pellets and Tilly and Roger came over as fast as their little legs would carry them. She's in the big dog bed full of hay and she sort of went 'ooh food', and then it looked like it was too much effort, and then collapsed back down. Her body is failing, but her mind is alert, and so I feel right now the time is right because within a day or two her mind will probbaly follow her body and by then it may be too late to make it painfree and 'pleasant' for her because she may feel too wretched.

So at 11.50am my time (roughly three and a half hours), Summer will be helped across the Bridge.

x

Binky free Summer.
What an end to her Life Trace after all she went through could not have been better before she came to you she had a hard life. I love that she had time with you, tilly and roger she really enjoyed her life at home :)

I'm so sorry Tracy.

Summer couldn't have been more loved by anyone, she was very lucky to have you as Mommie even for the short time you had her.

Binky Free at the Rainbow Bridge :rainbow:Sweet Summer.

Susan :bunnyangel2:

Thanks guys.

I'm going to make her RB thread at a later date. I want to do it justice so I'm not going to knock it off haphazardly.

Tilly and Roger look quite lost, and their run seems really big and hollow without Summer's personality. They are perky though, eating, coming out for food like normal. It must fele odd for them. They have the hardest job because whilst they must have some level of understanding, its still going to be scary and confusing for them. They did see her body; they had it for an hour, but even still, they are still missing a crucial part of their group.

I'm desperate for some sleep so I'm going to go now and hope that I get some decent sleep.

Thank you Autumn for your support, and thank you to everyone who has posted here.

Summer was one of the buns I was closest too. I just hope, wherever she is, she's free.

I'm so sorry Tracy... Summer was such a lucky bunny to have someone like you who cared for her so much and kept her best interests at heart right through to the end...

Binky free Summer... :pink iris:

Thinking of you, Roger and Tilly... :hug:

So sorry about Summer, but she had a wonderful time with you and her two bunny friends...Binky-free at the bridge, Summer:magicwand:

Latest posts

Back