Suggest me a few toys!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegooch69

Reaction score
Both of my buns are picky when it comes to toys. I've tried several things and nothing seems to gain their attention.

Any new ideas for "sure to keep them busy" toys?

Have you tried toilet paper tubes? Mine like to chew the cardboard tubes, and sometimes, as a treat, I will stuff them with hay. After they've finished with one, I will wait a week or so before giving them a new one, so they don't get bored with it. Also a bonus: they're free! I just collect mine in a box andput them out as needed.

Edit: Strangely, my bunnies don't care for the tube from paper towels. I think the bigger tube is too much work for them.

I sometimes do the toilet tube one but I also hide treats among the hay, so they have to try and pull out the hay and knock out the food, takes them awhile. My bunnies also love basins filled with earth dug up from my garden so they can dig and eat whatever little bugs and grass that's in it. Shoeboxs filled with hay and treats hidden among the hay keeps them occupied for awhile.

I got my two treat balls and they love them too.

My buns favorite toys are toilet paper tubes, paper egg cartons, Balls made out of grapevine, or wicker, Baskets made out of wicker, Grass mats, apple sticks.

Oh and I also just bought him a new toy, its taken a while for him to like it but now he loves it. Its a colorful plastic chain that I found in the bird section. I tied it to the edge of his cage and he digs at it all day long and tries to throw it around. He didn't like playing with it when it wasn't attached to the cage. I think now now that its stuck he spends all his time trying to remove it.

Lola loves anything that isn't a "rabbit toy"...

I swear that bun can read!

check the baby section of your stores...anything that's hard plastic should be a hit!

we've discovered that Lola doesn't like soft toys...she much prefers things that she can make ALOT of noise with...

the bird toy section is a good place to look too...lots of wood to chew and toss around...and they usually have a clip so you can attach it to the cage..

you guys are just full of surprises are you.

buneary's favorite is a home made exsplorer cave that build from old pillows.

What have you tried so far? It's hard to know what to suggest if we don't know what you've tried. My rabbits looooove toys, but they all have different tastes. Also, most of the pet store toys are boring for them (unless they came from the bird or cat section).

Have you checked out the Library thread on Toys for ideas?

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12433&forum_id=17

Here's a great thread from that. It's on homemade toys:

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=14833&forum_id=1

Toys that few rabbits can resist: anything with hay stuffed in it. Paper tubes, boxes, paper bags tied shut, bigger wooden toys, etc. Willow balls from Pier 1 or Busy Bunny. Grapevine wreaths from Hobby Lobby. Balsa wood, especially on hanging toys (very soft wood from craft stores). Apple or willow sticks with the bark on. Noisy toys- with bells in or hard plastic baby rattles. Boxes with bunny sizedholes cut in them, especially with newspaper or hay stuffed inside.

I can't get either of my rabbits to play with anything. I've spent so much money on toys for them, and so much time making themtoys,but they just sit in their cage totally untouched. :tongue

Back