Sugar Gliders

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A girl at my job has them and lovesthem. They stay with her all day in a little pouch whileshe's working. They sleep all day.

What do you want to know about them, other than they're pretty expensive.

-Carolyn

I heard that feeding them is tricky, as they need the right balance of fruit. They're so cute, though!

Oh, and I think they need big cages they can climb on and in.

Sugar Glliders can for themost part be snotty vicious littleboogers , If not handled and fed properly . I knowthere is a lot of work and caregoes into them and for the most part Ifone doesnt know what they are doing in regardsto feeding and care they will notlive very long . They need tohave a large containment areawith an upright log with holeso they can nest during the day to sleep. basically omnivourse they eatjust about everything and are not limited tofruits and soft veggies .

Be warned there not very hardy to the inexperienced .

product-238480.jpg

Whole%20Suger%20Glider%203.jpg

Ha ! Lissa Mini Treepossums lol, If you think spraying isfun wait till they start throwing poop around , Icant wait to hear all the FUN comments youwill be posting after aweek with htese little boogers .

Oh my heavens they look like spidermonkeys. I have never heard of them either until thispost. I would almost be afraid to even hold them.

Hi,Lissa , there's a young lady around Stevens Point,WI , areathat may have 2 sugar gliders for sale. They are 200.oo each, unlessshe has gone down since then . Her sign was still up 2 weeks ago. Ifyou're really interested, I can go up there and see if they're stillfor sale.

I've been busy withhome-schooling my 14 yr-old, sorry for so few posts lately ! Ninthgrade is interesting and a little more challenging--my son has beenhome-schooled since kindergarten-- but rewarding aswell.

Guten Abend,

Kadish Tolesa :)

After reading into them, I've decided not to geta sugar glider. But that you for your offer. Theyare very cute animals, just not for me. :)

Hi Lissa,

Spoke to a friend of mine that has a couple and brings them to workwith her. They can live up to 15 years, which surprisedme. Not alot of vets work on them.Theywill breed (profusely)if you get a male and female.Would be best to get two females. Bonding doesn't seem verytough, but they will screech at each other - no matter what thecombination male/female, female/female, etc.

They kiss andneed a lot of attention if you want them to betame and loving. They'll bite animals they're afraid of, orpeople for that matter. Their nails have to be clipped or youcan get a wheel and they can run on that and that'll weartheir nails down.

They need a big cage, as stated. They jump around in theircage a lot. One can usebird and hamster toys sothat they stay occupied. Theynocturnalandsupposedly that's very hard tobreak. (I say that because rabbits do adjust to ourschedules, but it's not easy for sugar gliders to make thatchangeover) My friend gives them chicken, eggs, you nameit. As she said, they're a lot of work, if you don't take thetime out for them, they'll be a wild animal and not a pet. Asa pet, she has one that kisses her. You have to be thereevery night to feed them, fresh water, fresh water and vegetables everynight. They don't really know their names, but they recognizemy friend's voice.

There is a book about them that is Sugar Glider fans bible.My friend couldn't remember what it was called, but she said if you gointo half.com, look up Sugar Gliders, the book has a picture of two ofthem on the front with a green background.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back