Sudden Humping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindseyG

Reaction score
Suddenly today Frank my flemish giant (neutered male) started humping Pumpkin (spayed female) she is NOT happy about it. I saw him try several times today. Why would he suddenly do this. Do you think it's because he smells the new additions or something?

If they've been living together a long time and hes never been showing signs of dominance then i dont no what it is.

If he has shown other sings like marking territory (spraying, or rubbing chin)or possibly chasing her than its dominance.

And if their new friends and he is mounting her then it is also probably dominance

LindseyG wrote:
Suddenly today Frank my flemish giant (neutered male) started humping Pumpkin (spayed female) she is NOT happy about it. I saw him try several times today. Why would he suddenly do this. Do you think it's because he smells the new additions or something?
Remind us what these new additions are.

LindseyG wrote:
He definitely senses the babies (new additions). So now he feels he needs to show dominance. I found that every time I brought in a new addition to the tribe, the bunnies need to work out acceptance of the new additions. In their own way.

In a few days, Frank will calm down and he will know that he's not being threatened by the new additions. It happens. Hopefully Pumpkin won't be too angry or retaliate.

This is all normal. Just do what you are doing and observe until they all realize the new additions are not a threat.

K:)

Latest posts

Back