Stressed...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heth

Reaction score
So, I've had my bunny for about 3weeks now. She was suppose to be a present for my bother's gf, but Ithink I've had a change of heart. I'm moving shortly and I really don'twant to leave her.I've paid for everything and I'm the only one thattakes care of her. I know that if I take her, my brother's gf will bedevastated but I've paid more attention to little Thumper than shehas..Any advice?

Keep the Bunnyand let them have visitation rights ?After all Ye who pays all the billshas ownership. Unless they wantto re emburse you for all youhave paid out , You have moreemotional investment inthe rabbit thanthey do ,Be clear the rabbit isyours.

Did you actually give the rabbit toyourbrother's girlfriend? If so, then the rabbitdoes actually belong to her. If this is the case,I'd be honest about your feelings and how attached you've become to therabbit and that would like to take Thumper with you.

If she says no, be certain to leave things on good terms and keep intouch with her. I'd bet that it won't be too long and she'lltire of actually having to care for the rabbit and will be more open toletting you take the rabbit :)

Pam

My initial response was to say "TAKE THE BUNNIE AND RUN!!"

But I think that Pam's suggestion is outstanding.

You'll have that bunnie in no time when she realizes how much work a bunnie can be.

~Jim

Yeah.. I want to take her and run! My brother'sgf has had a lot of problems lately and she's been living with us. Herbunny had died a week before I purchased Thumper and gave her to her.She knows I'm attached to her but the girl is onlyhere lessthan 5 hours a day!! Her mom was talking about taking the bunny to ashelter and having it spayed for $20, but I'm talking her out of it.That didn't even cover the vet's cost, how is it suppose to coversurgery? So, she knows I'm paying out of pocket for the rabbit. Theonly time she's actually played with her is when I mention that sheneeds to come out, then she just lets her out and walks away andignores her. I'm considering just staying at home and keeping a closeeye on her :] I don't want to lose my friend!!

What a little doll!

IM000076.jpg

I'd check out the Cheat Sheet - which is a link in the Top Picks postat the top of the forum, look it over, and tell her about how stress,weather, etc. can seriously impact a rabbit's health. Manypeople don't realize that they're as sensitive as they are and don'twant to be bothered.

My concern is that her other rabbit died. What did it dieof? I'd hate to see your little one suffer the same fate ifthe girl doesn't have the time or attention to put into this littlebeauty.

-Carolyn

Her sister brought home pit bulls and let themrun around and she found the rabbit under a bench, so she thinks it hada heart attack! :(

OMG Heth, I'm not suprised the poor bunny died -the shock of pit bulls running around must have been terrible. i thinkthat you have to keep this little one. Perhaps just explain how youfeel, and say that you don't think the environment she will be goinginto is right for a bunny. Best of luck!- Jan

Latest posts

Back