STRESS! So Much Stress! =(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tonyshuman wrote:
She definitely needs a box to hang out in. Our Big Bunny (a 10-lb californian rabbit) likes to lie in a small dog carrier (he barely fits) without a door. He and his dwarf mate Frida also have a small wooden house (made for kids to play with, I guess) to chill in. The other two like to sit underneath a futon. Bunnies like to have a very small space that they can survey their territory from. I know you said something about a tube and a cage covered with a blanket, but I am not really sure what that is, or if it is what she needs. I recommend a box just big enough for her to fit in.
Maybe... The covered cage is just a cage pushed up against another cage; it has a light blanket on top to cover it so the whole area is hidden. Everything else in there is to just give her extra hiding room, just in case. I have the perfect box for her, but I would have to remove one of her toys, or at least replace it with something smaller. Otherwise, there won't be room for her to hop or stretch out. I'll probably find a wooden ball for her somewhere.

Also, for your other post: she's not huge, but she's not small. She's just under 6lbs. Not sure if that counts for the corners thing.

LakeCondo wrote:
Sleeping in the litter box is ok. So just use your current litter & she'll catch on right away. This may be bigger than you need, as it's going to be a dig box with a cardboard hide box on top, but go to http://www.wag.com & check out the Van Ness high-side cat pan. It's 21.25"x17.63"x9, but 5-6" deep would be fine for a litter box. The only things NOT to get are ones with swinging doors or the little triangular ones that supposedly are meant for rabbits.
I see what you're saying. She enjoys digging currently, so the high sides would definitely come in handy. Could she actually climb up 9 inches to get in, though? Or would I need to make her a little wooden ramp? She doesn't hop high, but that might be because she was raised in a cage. Like if we need to hold her in a specific area for a short time, inverting the lid of her hiding cage (having it open above her but the top grates underneath her) works well. Any other rabbit could and would hop over it (she can easily periscope well over the top), but she doesn't.

Honey's not a jumper either but has no problem with the high sides. Her dig box is half full with stuff to dig in [paper etc] so the jump isn't like jumping over a 9" barrier, but up 9 & down 4". I first used a 6" box, but the stuff would go flying out of the box & I'd have to put it back in all the time. But she was used to the 6" height before it changed to 9". But this is a dig box, not her litter box. The dig box has a layer of bricks at the bottom so she'll have something to help wear down her front nails.

Latest posts

Back