Strange Toys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4ndy

Reaction score
My rabbit Toby has a thing for socks, he picked one up that had fallen from the radiator and claimed it as his new toy. He digs it first, then picks it up in his mouth and hops round the room with it, in a really weird prancing style. He's now learnt to pick it up in the middle so he doesn't trip on it, mid hop and recently swapped his old sock for a smaller more manageable one!

It's the only thing he consistently plays with. Does anyone's rabbit play with anything unusual?

toby-sock.jpg

I once had a French lop that insisted on playing with a flattened pop can. He would throw it up in the air and pounce on it, and dig it with his back feet, LOL. Your Toby is really pretty, BTW.

Toby is so cute with his sock! Loki likes to throw strange things, like the dustpan or the plastic lid to a cereal container. He also uses his big boxes as throw toys- that's really fun to watch! He and his girlfriend Mocha like to dig in blankets and baskets of clean clothes.

What a cutie! thanks for sharing. My rabbit has been known to play with empty water bottles, but not consistently. So far cardboard boxes made into tunnels are her favorite.baci

Skippy likes dust pans...clothes...blankets...my cell phone -_- (Yeah, I've had to fight with him to get it back SEVERAL times) boxes..anything cardboard...etc but yet, when we buy him a toy, he barely touches it? lol

My rabbit loves to play with a moshi! (A moshiis one of those pillow animals, but stuffed with those micro beadthings instead of cotton) I have a monkey one, and it's round with legsand arms. My bunny loves to try and dig on it, but instead she rollsaround with it backwards, it's kind of funny to watch. She'll go acrossthe room until she bumps into something, then she'll either changedirection or pounce on it and squish it and try to flatten it. I thinkit's very cute, and also a little hard to explain...

Ya know, it's funny...back when this thread cameout, I'd just had Maisie for a couple weeks, and couldn't think ofanything strange (or anything at all) that she played with.Now that I've got two more buns, I STILL can't find anything strangethey like to play with! :shock:

Maisie's not much of a playing bunny, unless you count the time of daythat she loves to crash around in her shreddies (usually when she seesI'm awake in the morning).

Flower loves her Mr. Piggy...but he seems to have gone a bit by the wayside since Trixie came home.

And Trixie loves all her toys that have bells and such in them, so I frequently hear Santa-esk sounds from her cage.

Weird, though? Nothing particularly weird...unless you countFlower chasing the kitties trying to sniff their tails (I think she'sfascinated with their tails' lengths!). :shock:

Daisy love love loves stuffed animals. She has more than a carnival.
She has a few small ones she keeps in her cage, a few she keeps next toher cage, and a monster load under the bed which she built a wall withthem around her favorite spot to lay under there. She alsolikes tee shirts. She carries them around and digs them alot. She has a few of her own to play with, but she generallywants the ones you tell her not to touch.

Peaches constantly plays with an empty tissue box. But sheloves anything that jingles. And you find out that she lovesjingly toys at about 230 in the morning every night.

All of mine love to play with small plasticwater bottles that I put marbles in. I guess they like the noise whenthey are rolling them around.

Susan:apollo:

m4ndy wrote:
Myrabbit Toby has a thing for socks, he picked one up that had fallenfrom the radiator and claimed it as his new toy. He digs it first, thenpicks it up in his mouth and hops round the room with it, in a reallyweird prancing style. He's now learnt to pick it up in the middle so hedoesn't trip on it, mid hop and recently swapped his old sock for asmaller more manageable one!

It's the only thing he consistently plays with. Does anyone's rabbit play with anything unusual?
That's the cutest picture of your darling Toby! I love his toy preferences! This is a great topic also! :colors:

Bo had a thing for soccer cleats for a long time. He wouldgrab one by the lace and take off. We never did figure outwhy. The kids quit playing soccer,and now he LOVESblankets! He'll box you if you touch his blankies!

Tnat's an incredibly cute pic of Toby. :)

Nibbles loves shoes with laces - she likes to grab the laces and tugand pull on the shoes, and somtimes try to wrestle them. My onlyconcern is that she has chewed on the laces, and I don't want hereating them. (So I do try to keep them away from her, but someitmesforget.)

she also loves to dig in - and under - sheets and blankets. There aretimes when i see a lump of material hopping around on the floor...

Mine loves to do this too!
ec wrote:
she also loves to dig in - andunder - sheets and blankets. There are times when i see a lump ofmaterial hopping around on the floor...

The "lump of material" thing really threw me the first time I saw it - and yes, it makes me laugh when she does that.

the other thing that's funny about it: Nibbles is convinced that Ican't see her when she does this. (I guess because she can't see me.)She always seems surprised whenever I call her name and start talkingto her while she's burrowing away. ;)

That is funny!

Cloverbunny is one to get under her blankie in her cage. Whenshe's under there she's asleep tho. She doesn't think we cansee her either - we can actually reach in and pet her face if she'speaking out a bit........ otherwise we can't do that - well, mydaughter can.

For some reason our bunns have developed afascinationfor radiator covers. They just aren'thappy until they have broken them into two pieces. Then theylook at them like "Take that!" and they scoot off to find somethingelse to demolish! They also love their "Lookout Tower"...webought it for our cats but they wouldn't use it!

Runestonez, I love the look out tower.Where did you buy it? I'd love to get one for Wilbur andJackie, I think they would love it.

Susan:apollo:

As much as I don't like Petcetera...we stoppedin to buy a cat carrier for the bunns that opens at the top so we canget them out easier...and they had a TONof cat scratchingposts. I think we paid $20 for this one...compared to someplaces it was a really good price!:)

Sorry Susan...I can't rememberwhere abouts you are inOntario!:? But the closest Petcetera we found wasinWaterloo!:)

Bo B-Yup! If you look in thebackground of the pic...they have been out of the hutch for all of 2minutes and the cover is already upside down!:DIt is one ofthe first things they do when we let them out!:D

Back