Strange Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dia

Reaction score
Since my other first rabbit passed away all of the other rabbits have been acting weird. The other rabbit that passed used to be out of the cage all of the time. A few days after he passed, I noticed it most in the female I have. She used to just sit on the floor in one spot and never really move. Now she runs around and binkys all over. My other two males also have changed their attitudes drastically. The one that used to chew everything and be a lap rabbit now seems to have takes the place of the one that passed.

Is is possible that all these changes could happen because of another passing on?

They are re-establishing the 'pecking order" and dominance issues

Just be glad that they didn't go into a depression which can happen often with bonded pairs after a loss
Sorry you lost your first girl :(

Ahh this is what i thought was happening. the one i lost was actually a male, so the next most dominant male kinda took over, but what happened with the female was the strangest. after 2 years of her being the quiet calm bunny, she is now so active.

its so strange how they react to something like this. yes, i am glad that none of them were bonded to the male i lost because i heard they go into depression.

Yeah, rabbits have societies and dominance orders that can get all changed around when one leaves, especially with larger groups. It is good that nobody seems to be moping.

Latest posts

Back