Strange pellets? (Poo pellets)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stormybun

Reaction score
This isn’t the first time this has happened, but my bun keeps developing clumps of droppings, and it ends up stuck on her fur. I really don’t know what to do about it or how to fix it. I try to brush her every other day, and she gets a fur trim monthly. She’s a lionhead if it helps.
She gets limited sugar, unlimited hay, and I fully change her litter box lining every other day. She’s always running around so it isn’t like she’s sitting for awhile to let the pellets accumulate.

She currently eats the oxbow essentials adult rabbit food and gets her veggies everyday. Her favorite is red lettuce. She really doesn’t chew or eat things she shouldn’t like wires or furniture.

Any advice on how to fix this?

Coukld that be excess cecotropes that don't get eaten? Like little grapes, and smelly when squashed?

Most times this is caused by a too rich diet. Like, too much pellets, rich veggies, and even some types of hay can be rather rich.
Does "limited sugar" mean that she gets very little fruit, carrots and so? How much?
How much of everything does she get?

Or are those clumps stringed together poops that get tangled in the fur?

Coukld that be excess cecotropes that don't get eaten? Like little grapes, and smelly when squashed?

Most times this is caused by a too rich diet. Like, too much pellets, rich veggies, and even some types of hay can be rather rich.
Does "limited sugar" mean that she gets very little fruit, carrots and so? How much?
How much of everything does she get?

Or are those clumps stringed together poops that get tangled in the fur?
She typically gets 1/8 cup of pellets and about 1 cup of veggies daily.

She eats basic 2nd cut Timothy hay from smallpetselect, and when she does get sugar, it’s 1-2 small pieces of strawberry or banana!
She never gets carrots as she isn’t a fan, and they tend to upset her stomach. But she does get Oxbow simple rewards Timothy treats more frequently.
+ They’re more of a squishy ball shape, so it could be I need to adjust her diet and veggies.

Latest posts

Back