Strange noise while grooming and eating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisyandparsley7

Reaction score
Natasha is making a strange noise while grooming and eating. I tried to upload a video but it won't let me. It stops as soon as she is done doing either. It sounds like a YouTube video labeled cooing? She is normal in every other aspect. No discharge or loss of appetite.

The first time I heard Felix honk/grunt I was surprised! He tends to make it now when he's happy, or eating. :)

Some of my buns make squeaky sounds when grooming too. Usually when they are twisted around trying to get to their back. Probably cause it's hard to get to and lick at the same time :)

I had a Rex who was convinced she was a guinea pig, no joke. Rabbits are known to be quiet but they do make noises, though it often sounds like they really shouldn't. It always comes out in a weird, sort of strangled noise - a honk or grunt or wheeze. Use your intuition - if it's happening when she grooms and eats, it sounds like she's happy.

Back