Strange e-mails

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kadish Tolesa

Reaction score
Hasanyone here had this happen...I advertise on a few free web pages tosell some show/breeding stock. Lately we have had somee-mails from S.Arabia asking for rabbits.

One person had a messagethat was translated for him...( I think ) something to the effect of :" I will send representative for to view rabbits beforebuying." --- a representative? All the way from the Mideast? I don't even want to think how expensive it would be tohave bunnies shipped out there ; not to mention the stress on thebuns.

After checking theshipping costs of live animals to S.Arabia ; I'm thinking these peoplecan't be serious. Hmmm, guess we'll see what developes.:shock:

Have a great evening, all ! :bunnydance:

Kadish Tolesa

I once had such a request from someone inAfrica. It doesn't seem to make any sense, & i certainlywouldn't act on any such email regardless. Not that i would ship arabbit to anyone, anywhere.

It's a scam, they don't want your rabbits, theywant you to cash a phony money order for them.They'll send you more than the price of the rabbits and then ask you to'pay the shipper' or some such thing, and in two weeks when the bankfinds out it was a forged bank draft, you'll be on the hook for thebounced funds.

You can simply not respond or you can play along and waste theirtime. (Just don't deposit anything they send you, the bankwill charge YOU a fee when it bounces).

Pam Nock has a cool thread on here somewhere about some of the scams she's responded to.

sas

Thank you everyone....I believe I'll notrespond. It is sort of tempting to tell them tosendme personal info., e.g., "a photo of youand yours, along with your social security no., ect.,".

Naaah, leave it alone... :)

Kadish :pinkpansy: Tolesa

Latest posts

Back