Strange Bonding question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks a lot Flashy- you have helped me a lot and I really appreciate your info. :)
I'll give it another few months of daily sessions, and if that doesn't work then I will definately invest in a bonder :)
I've just checked his scab and it light in colour, looking as though it's about to fall off. It looks and feels very healthy, so I'm very glad.

I'm glad I know now that cuts on rabbits don't show up until they have scabbed, so I will be very thorough in checking for days after any bonding session.

Just another thing I have thought about, as you just mentioned about trying for a few more months, but this is spring weather and bunnies will be acting accordingly, so this is actually the hardest time to bond. It's easiest to bond out of breeding season (yes, even for the fixed bunnies), so that might also be worth bearing in mind :)

Ah thanks for that- I had no idea. So maybe if it doesn't work now, and might work, say in winter?

Yup, apparently October, November time is supposed to be peak time for bonding, according to their natural hormone clocks and what happens with wild rabbits around those times. That's not to say bondings don't work at other times of the year, it just maybe gives you an option for if they prove tough.

Thanks very much. You are so full of useful info!! :D

Flashy wrote:
Just another thing I have thought about, as you just mentioned about trying for a few more months, but this is spring weather and bunnies will be acting accordingly, so this is actually the hardest time to bond. It's easiest to bond out of breeding season (yes, even for the fixed bunnies), so that might also be worth bearing in mind :)

I didn't know that !!!!

Thanks Tracy :)

Latest posts

Back