Strange behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If she's grinding her teeth and hanging her paws in her water bowl, this can be a sign of a very serious health issue, if she is also not eating and is lethargic not wanting to move around.

You'll need to verify if she is eating or not, and if she's acting normally otherwise(will run around, explore, etc). If she isn't eating and is lethargic, then you need to get her to the vet immediately. The last rabbit I had that had these symptoms of loud tooth grinding, not eating, and was lethargic, sitting by her bowl hanging her paws in it and not wanting to move, had a severe case of stomach bloat, which is something that can be fatal to rabbits.

https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/
She seems to grind her teeth is your petting her or you give her water, she ate some banana. She will move around but is not playful she likes to stretch out and relax, she is extremely friendly

She seems to grind her teeth is your petting her or you give her water, she ate some banana. She will move around but is not playful she likes to stretch out and relax, she is extremely friendly
Is that grinding teeth or it is like clicking sound when you are grooming/petting her?
Grinding is a sign of pain and clicking tells you that your rabbit is happy

^^ Agreed. If she's grinding teeth and refusing treats, it's vet time!

Edited because of replies: ...but if she's "purring" by gently clicking or grinding her teeth, she may just be to happy to be bothered!

Aren't rabbits simple pets to care for?

^^ Agreed. If she's grinding teeth and refusing treats, it's vet time!

Edited because of replies: ...but if she's "purring" by gently clicking or grinding her teeth, she may just be to happy to be bothered!

Aren't rabbits simple pets to care for?
It's not super loud and it's only if I'm petting her and I just gave her a bowl of water because she will not use the bottle and she started doing it. She ate some lettuce this morning.

It's not super loud and it's only if I'm petting her and I just gave her a bowl of water because she will not use the bottle and she started doing it. She ate some lettuce this morning.

First off, I'm not a vet, and can't offer medical advice, and if you're worried at all, there's no substitute for a rabbit-savvy vet.

But... it sound like she's purring; happy chattering. She likes your pets. If she's eating normally, she's probably fine, especially with the stretching! This is a sign of contentment/feeling safe normally.

Like @Preitler said, there's no imminent danger in her getting wet, but best not to stay wet. Rabbit skin is fragile, and just like our skin, if kept wet, it can develop problems.

You may just have a strange rabbit! ☺ Everyone has their own, distinct personality!

First off, I'm not a vet, and can't offer medical advice, and if you're worried at all, there's no substitute for a rabbit-savvy vet.

But... it sound like she's purring; happy chattering. She likes your pets. If she's eating normally, she's probably fine, especially with the stretching! This is a sign of contentment/feeling safe normally.

Like @Preitler said, there's no imminent danger in her getting wet, but best not to stay wet. Rabbit skin is fragile, and just like our skin, if kept wet, it can develop problems.

You may just have a strange rabbit! ☺ Everyone has their own, distinct personality!
That's what I thought at first, I was just worried about if it can harm her, she is just a calm rabbit and I think she prefers lettuce to her pellets

Latest posts

Back