Storms Diet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs. PBJ

Reaction score
Ok so this is storms daily feeding sheduale.

He gets 1/8 Cup of Zupreem Timothy pellets link below.

http://zupreem.com/animal/small_animal/smallanimal.shtml

He also gets 2 pieces of romaine lettuce.

One in morning one in evening.

4 Pieces of celery 2 in morning 2 in evening

2 Carrots 1 in morning 1 in evening

4 Pieces of brocoli 2 pieces in morning 2 in evening

Unlimeted orchand hay and I am going to try to start adding timothy hay ox boy brand again to see if he will eat it now that he is in a better situation.

Thanks in Advance

Did you have a question or were you just sharing what you feed your rabbit with us?
Edit:
I just noticed the subheading, "Is this good"
To determine that we need to know a bit more about Storm. How old is he and ho much does he weigh?
Carrots are pretty sugary and are best in moderation. Broccoli has been known to make some buns gassy so keep an eye out for that too. When I give my buns celery I usually cut it into small pieces(perpendicular to the stringy vasculature) so they don't choke on the strings. It's mostly just water and fiber and doesn't havemuch nutritional value though.

Yes sorry I was wondering if this was a ok diet.

He gets no treats either IO thought I might add

Storm is thought to be 1 to 3 years old not really sure.

He was a rescue bun.

Netherland dwark male fixed is free rome most of the time.

He was about 1 1/2 pounds when they fixed him 3weeks ago but he has put on some weight he is probaly about 2 to 3 pounds now

I am bumping this

For his veggies, I'd feed him more leafy stuff. Missycove is right that carrots are sugary and that some buns get gas from broccoli. Mine are fine with it but it's a very individual thing. I only feed carrots a few times a week, one baby carrot per bun. There's no point to feeding him much celery as it doesn't have much nutritional value to it. Try leafy veggies like parsley, cilantro, collard greens, turnip greens, etc.

Ok I understand now.

Its more the greens then the other vegy that are good for them. I was having trouble with that I printed the pist from the diet section but I got overwelmed real quick. ok brocoli does not seem to bother him thats the first thing he eats when I give him his food.

Well a trip to krogers is in order tomorrow. Will the celery have any ill effects he loves that to I will defently cut back on the carrots.

If I was limited to 2 things in his diet for leefy greens what would be the three mai things.

Right now I feed romaine of course and to add 3 more to that list I cant get them all all the time. :( So what would be the most healthy for him.:?

Is there any more I am going to get parsley and romaine letuce is there one more anyone would get over the other are there any like fruits or vegys some one would add I am limited to buying 4 things for his diet by husband.

Right now he has of coures Being subited for

Romaine lettuce Nothing

Carrots Parsley

BrocilyNothing ? but if someone knows something better

celery ? I neeed one more thing

We usually get two veggies a week for our buns.
Some kind of lettuce (anything but iceberg)
and some kind of herb, usually.
Then they get grapes as treats (though we buy them for us) or occasionally a baby carrot or something like that.

Latest posts

Back