Storm is Stasis Again (Resolved)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is one change for the better he ate the nutrical an the pinapple juice willingly. He has taken nothing willingly up ti this point.

And yes we have a pinapple. And pedialyte

We have very small poohs I mean very small but we have had nothing for a day now.

And his first urine in about 24 hours also.

I kee saying nutrical but mean ben bac is there to much that I can give him of that? I have been following the instrutions on the bottle.

So he is a tiny bit bettr then before but I am hoping he only gets better knock on wood.

He is eating cilontro as I type.

He must feel a little better.

Now he grabbed his small piece of carrot and took it to the first level. Yeah :highfive:

Good! I wouldn't give more than 2 grams of the Bene-Bac, but that's just because it seems like a lot and it must be sweetened, with how much my guys like it. I'm glad he's eating again, now let's just get the appetite back to normal and have some poos!

slavetoabunny wrote:
You said in an earlier post that Storm is eating hay? Even if he won't eat pellets, hay is the most important. He can do without pellets and veggies. In fact, I've had my vet recommend pulling everything but hay when they are having gut issues. The most important things are hay and hydration.

Sounds like the right thing to do for gut problems... only had two stasis bunnies over the years but had lots of experience with horse gut troubles and our vet would pull them off the grain and go hay and water...and bran mash to get more water into their systems...

Best wishes for Storm to get better...:pray:

Denise

Well he did not eat much last night but he is livly this morning no water either but he is playing and hopping around again.

He has had a lot of water intake over the past two day so I am going to cut back a small amount. To see if he drinks on his own. But keep a very close eye on him.

He did eat a piece of lettuce but he has started on hay again. I pulled pellets ad everything else out for a while.

He is back to meat loafing up again and standing still I am at my witts end it seems like I am stressing him out mo0re by trying to help him We will be going to the vet tomorrow.
Cause he take 3 steps forward and 10 steps back.

He ate his salad almost all of it. :pray:

We had to leave for a few hour well we gave him his water then went to the pool then had to take someone to work and when I came back he had eating most of his salad and messed with his hay

Well he has not really eatin much more but he has been all stretched out in a DBF emagin my crazyness when I walk down the stairs to that.

I think he is feeling a tad better he seems more active I figure his apitite would come back first but hey how ever he wants to improve as long as he improves.

angieluv wrote:
What is DBF?

Just reading through this I think that he is overall improving although it's slowly..
A Dead Bunny Flop

It sounds like he's doing better--he may have been loafed up earlier today, but isn't that a normal sleeping time for him? My guys alternate between lampchop flop (aka "froggy flop") and meatloaf when they're sleeping.

We have gine from this:litterempty:To this:litterfew:

His pooh are still very small But he is making more of them I dont think we have a lot of urine I might express his bladder today to see whats going on there.

Hopefully he will come around I am going to talk to the vet before we bring him in to see what he thinks I have to take Echo for her FEL/FLV test today at the helter so I go right by the vets office.

Yes I am

He is coming back around took him in anyway they sid he should be fine he is htrough the worst of it.

Well he is eating his salads and his I know I should not have but his pellets also hubby gave them this nmorning and he ate them.

he has not picked up on hay so much but he is drinking on his own again also.

We have more pees and poohs then before.

He is eating more normally today yeah.

Latest posts

Back