Stomping and making low noised?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Bunbun

Reaction score
okay so today, around 12:20 in the afternoon I hear bangs resonating through the walls of my house, so i go to the room where my bunny is and i see him standing on all fours stiffly, quickly banging his back feet on the floor of his cage in an inconcistant pattern. After each bang he makes a noise that's halfway between a bunny sneeze and a low pitched grinding/purring noise (he makes that noise sometimes when we running around his cage all excited once in a while).

SO i watched him, and he moved from where he was to another part of his cage. then he did the same thing again. looked at his face, and i'm not sure, but i think he looked a little upset. I think he was shaking a little bit too.. He stood up a little bit on two feet, and the shaking was a little more pronounced.(you could see it easier)

So i don't know if he's scared or angry or if he's anxious about mating or if he's sensing something. I treat him pretty well. I don't don't even really pick him up because he doesn't like that.

Hmm... he sounds a little wound up :)

Have you got any fireworks going on near your house today? (It's the May 2-4 Victoria Day weekend here in Canada, so that's what has my buns going ;) )

Has he been out for some exercise yet today? He could be anxious to get going... can he see outside? Anything there that might have startled him?

I'd say let him out for a run, and see where he goes to inspect...

i just checked up on him. he's okay now. I saw a carrot that i put a few feet away from his cage days ago. It came up in my my mind that MAYBE that was a possible factor for my bunny's anxiety. WHat do you think? it's not like it was in his face, but it was there within his eyesight. It was small

Maybe he wanted the carrot? :D

They're funny sometimes... I've heard thumping fits which made no sense to me, and alternately, experiences that I think would bring about a big thump yields nothing.

If you have open windows, he may have heard something unusual, or a scent may have wafted in...

Do you have any pictures of your little noisemaker to share?

(Welcome to RO, by the way :) Always nice to see a new face here!)

NorthernAutumn wrote:
They're funny sometimes... I've heard thumping fits which made no sense to me, and alternately, experiences that I think would bring about a big thump yields nothing.
Ditto this. If my buns thump more then a couple times, I usually give them a treat and they forget about whatever was making them thump.

Latest posts

Back