Still no kits... getting worried.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lelanatty

Natty Dwarfs Rabbitry
Reaction score
Today is day 34 for one of my does, and she still hasn't kindled. I am starting to get worried. I gave her her nestbox on day 26 as always, and she started to pull fur, but hasn't been able to pull very much because her hormones haven't kicked in. The fur is still stuck tight to her skin.

She is usually an extremely good mom, and always kindles on her due date. She is doing everything right just like she always does, but her body doesn't seem to be cooperating very well with her.

I am thinking about inducing her, but I am not sure if this would be a good idea.

Thoughts? Advice? Help?

Starlight Rabbitry wrote:
Are you sure she is pregnant? Have you palpated?

Sharon
I am absolutely 100% sure she is pregnant. When I palpate her it is very obvious. I can feel the shapes of the kits' bodies in there.

Tums crushed up and mixed into yogurt might help start the process. Calcium usually does that.

Or a couple of sprigs of parsley.

If tomorrow comes, and no babies... And you want to save her as a brood doe, go get her induced.

Good news! She FINALLY had her kits this morning, after four long days of waiting.
I switched her cages with another doe so that she would be the last one on the block of stacking cages. My guess is that she was not happy being stuck in the middle. Prior to my getting another stack of stacking cages, she was the past one on the block, but I added the cages next to her. It must have upset her or something.
Now I have 5 healthy and all alive new otter/marten kits. I can't wait to see how they turn out because this is the first litter from my new buck. :)

13125_231324_220000000.jpg

Here they are! They do look a bit wrinkly but they should be fine by tomorrow.

Yeah, I can understand how he looks like a hippo. I went back and checked all of them just to make sure. I'd hate to have to get rid of my brand new buck because of it.

Thanks, I'll get pictures every week hopefully. :)

Latest posts

Back