Still humping after 1 month of being neutered

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juicyjuicee

Reaction score
So I got myrabbit neutered on March 9th so its been pretty much exactly 1 month. Well I also have a female rabbit. I know you're suppose to wait about a month right because she can still get pregnant? Well I let them hop around together last week he paid no attention to her and didn't try to hump her or anything but I still supervised it. Well yesterday I just let them out together and he again paid no attention to her until later around during the day he started humping her. So I immediately stopped that then she started humping him. But the question is could she still get pregnant, it's been a month though.

Thanks

If she is not spayed then she can get pregnant up to 6-7 weeks after he has been neutered. So yes, if she is not spayed, she could be pregnant.

SweetSassy wrote:
If a male is neutered, how can a female still get pregnant? Strange. :?
They stay fertile up to 8 weeks, So If you have an intact female and a male that has only just been neutered keep them apart, Anyway even if the male is completely infertile the female will believe it is pregnant and go through what is called a 'false pregnancy' were they do everything they would do if they were pregnant build a nest and so on but they just wouldn't have any kits. So best bet is to get male and female altered.

oh.. ok. I just got my first rabbit a little over a month ago, so I'm still learning. My girl was spayed when I adpoted her. Thanks for explaining.:)

I still keep wondering wher they store the life sperm if their testicles are gone:?
Just curious (errr... actually David is:))

It's stored in the tubes I believe. I think that's what my vet told me.

Unless the "connection flip" happened I highly doubt she is pregnant. You say he humped and she turned right around and did it back? Sounds to me like nothing happened. I would not worry but I would wait a few more weeks to let them back together.

Back