Stasis - and Basil needs a prayer or two

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also did the bunny burito and I hadalot of success with it too. I had my mom to help me and oneofus held Pepsi under our arm and the other had the syringe.My vet told me to try to get it into her check and press a bit downuntil she opens her mouth and starts chewing, then wipe her chin. Arerabbits allowed honey? The metacam I fed her with the syringe, she wentnuts over it and chewed on the syringe trying to get it out!

BASIL IS GETTING BETTER!
Basil is getting better all, Thanks so much for your prayersand the medical information! Things were looking really badFriday and Saturday - he was getting more and more bloated, no matterhow much stuff I was doing and i was doing a lot, simethicone every fewhours, and all of the above stuff. I was really gettingconcerned - and I was trying to think positive but I couldn't stopcrying.. I thought it was time to say good bye :( He hadn'tmoved all Saturday, and no poops for almost 6 days at that point, hiseyes weren't staying open very far. Ibought a little decorative box for him.. thats howfar along it was. I talked with the vet on the phone and shesaid that surgery might be the final option - she could check with thestate's vet university, but surgery didn't have a high success rate(because it doesn't solve the problem of the intestines not movingalong).

I wanted to be with him as much as possible, he had stopped swollowingwater and food - so I sat on the floor with him and massaged hisbelly.. in little circles around both sides until I started to feel airand movement, then I stayed in those spots till they passed.It was really interesting - there were about two times that there wassomething BIG moving in there.. Like huge pockets of gas.. so I justkept rubbing for about 2 hours. My arm started fallingasleep, so I decided it was time to go watch a movie and let himrelax. I came back and he was back in his cage.. and therewas a GIANT poop next to him (i have never been so excited to see agiant rabbit poop in my life, by the way!) Next to it too was thisweird (ok.. getting graphic here.. parental advisory) mucus poop...which was probably 6 days of toxins. In the nextcouple of hours, he poo'ed so much.. and let me tell you.. it is upthere on the top 5 worst smelling things i've ever smelled.:shock:

Ok.. getting long winded here - Basil is running around with his buddyPepper now and eating like it is going out of style! I didn'tthink he was going to recover - I guess some other power had somethingelse in mind! Yeah for Basil, I feel like putting a littleparty hat on him and bringing over all the neighborhood bunnies!

I'm so thrilled.. thanks again all, for all of your support! It was so helpful!
Ave and Basil
(And I know.. he is just headed out of the woods, i'm going to keep upthe meds and mass amounts of veggies.. so he can be on his way torecovery..)

:elephant::elephant::bunnydance::bunnydance:

YAY BASIL!!!!

I'm so happy for both of you - and so glad that Basil (and you) were strong through this.

YAY FOR POOP!!

:jumpforjoy:OMGthat is just wonderful..sohappy:elephant::elephant::elephant:for both ofyou!!!!!!:jumpforjoy::jumpforjoy::runningrabbit::runningrabbit::runningrabbit::yes::yes::yes:

Yay!! During these times poop is thebest thing ever! Yay for poop! Poor Basil had some gas! Keep thosemassages up!:highfive::happydance

Go Basil! keep them poops shootin out! :yes:

YAY BASIL!!!
:bunnydance::elephant::bunnydance::elephant::bunnydance::jumpforjoy::party::happydance:toastingbuns:bunny24:woohoo

Latest posts

Back