Starting a rabbitry!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindseyG

Reaction score
I have decided to start a small rabbitry. I'm starting with just 2 does and a buck. I am going to get one of the 4 breeds of angora rabbit I just haven't decided yet which one, i'm leaning toward english or satin of course since thats what my rabbits are. I am in contact with one breeder right now (the one my satin baby came from), i'm going to search and try to find a good buck though. I am googling breeders right now. This is just in the beginning phase. I'm excited to get started.

I rather enjoyed my satins. Only problem is they have less of a yield for their wool, since it's thinner. But if I had the space at the time, I would have kept them. Absolutely stunning when in coat. And probably the easiest to care for, grooming wise. I rarely needed anything stronger then a shop vac if I kept on top of it and groomed every week or so.

English are enjoyable as well. My friend has a trio of them left. One has a completely groom free coat (left her ungroomed for six months and the only mats were on her face), one is relatively groom free, and the last is a hot mess if you don't take care of the coat. XD
Personality wise, the english are the best. And probably the cutest, in all honesty. But seriously, they're like puppies. Don't care what you do, just sit there and chill out.

However, if you feel like preserving a breed, the Giants could use some serious help. :)

Wishing you all the best. It's exciting and nerve racking at the same starting your rabbitry. Believe me, I'm there. lol

Can't wait to see where you are headed with whatever breed you decide.

Please keep us informed.

K:)

Thank you for the information! I found two breeders that I like and I am still trying to decide on a breed. My fiance loves the satins and I think I prefer the english. I guess when I find that perfect first rabbit is when I will decide.

The rabbitry that I got Pumpkin from has a beautiful REW english doe that I am thinking about getting. She was born on Jan 2nd so almost 11 weeks old. I just asked for pictures, I will share them when I get one.

Latest posts

Back