Started a new business website, click the url to help google find my site!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raspberry82

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm starting a new business that I'm really excited about. It's a non-toxic housekeeping business to bring in money around my school schedule.

Google is taking f.o.r.e.v.e.r. for its "bots" to find my site even though it is already registered with the top search engines and been up for 3 weeks. I was told increasing the traffic and website clicks would help a lot!

Here is my website, please click it whenever you have a chance, I would be SO appreciative!!

http://www.peaceofmindhousekeeping.com

<3
Athy

P.S.

Do you think the website looks ok? Any suggestions welcomed :). I designed the whole thing myself (even though I'm not much of a computer person!)

I wish you were in my area...LOL....I am sooo behind in housework that now it seems I will never catch up...and with 3 dogs, 3 cats and a rabbit....well you get the idea.

Yeah, I completely understand! My bunny max is about all I can manage right now on top of life, and he's only 4 pounds! Haha. I wish I was in your area too, sounds like you could use a load off!

I think it looks great,its set up very nicely.I dont know about your area but there is an infestation of bedbugs in North America thats out of controland one system to get rid of them is high heat and apparently thats what you clean with.I think you should look into this and may be expand your business.

Bill

Raspberry82 wrote:
I was told increasing the traffic and website clicks would help a lot!
Actually, traffic or clicks as such wouldn't make any difference to your search engine rankings. Google has no way of tracking people who look at RO and then click from here to your site - for that matter, they have no way of knowing who is looking at your site at all, unless they go through a Google sponsored link.

What does help is links to your web page from other web pages - especially those which are "quality" links. In other words, links with meaning from related pages rather than just a bunch of links from pages of links (aka "link farms"). If Google's spiders find lots of web pages linking to yours, then your page seems more important.

:Dnice site - easy on the eye whilst you read. i tend not to bother with sites that have lots of moving graphics.

i hope it goes well - pity you are so far away!

NorthernAutumn wrote:
So Mike, are you saying that it would be wiser for Raspberry to post and offer weblink sharing on cleaning sites, and pet sites, and local business sites in her area?
Links from "real" websites increase (a) useful traffic and (b) search engine placement. The more related the site from which the link comes, and the more highly ranked that site is, the more "valuable" it is considered by search engines. I'm not sure how they measure relatedness - as I understand it, if you have a business website for a cleaning business, you get more "bang" out of links from other cleaning websites than you do from links from, say, rabbit websites.

At least, so I've been told - I don't have any insider information from Google, I'm afraid, and they're constantly tweaking their system to counter "gaming".

What is clear is that traffic, as such, is only valuable for its own sake - you want people to see your website and, hopefully, buy your product or service. Having people click on a link from here to your site over and over again isn't going to do anything but burn bandwidth at the clicker's server and the server where the website lives (and at RO's server, if they click back again). It has no effect on search engines, which are oblivious to it.

Back