Stanley's New Cage!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanleysmommy

Reaction score
Here are a few pictures of Stan's cage I built last Friday. Granted it's not that great but I think he likes it :)

On his igloo
stanigloo.jpg

stannewcage2.jpg

stannewcage.jpg

And a picture I drew of a bunny
Bunnypicture.jpg

Sorry about the way the pictures look. I couldn't get the settings right. :?

Maybe I can take some pics of mine that is stillunfinished. I have levels in mine and it was pretty simple todo once I got started. The only thing is you would need somecarpet or something to put on the level.

It looks great!! Here is a picture (its not thebest) of the NIC i built recently....for the levels, you just use thesame amount of NIC cubes as the roof, minus one or however big you wantthe level to be .. freddy's small so i felt 1 square high per level wasenough for him...you can easily hold it in with zipties and if you feeltheres not enough supprt you put in a cube vertically in themiddle....i used the carboard boxes the cubes came in to line the levelb/c the holes are too wide ...honestly one is prolly enough...freddybarely goes up on the third one except for when he wants to stare at meon my bed ......... level or no level i think stanley will have a blastin there .. lots of binky room!! :D

It's okay Llama, just get to it when you can. :)

I like your cage Freddy's mom! That's the problem I have because Idon't like putting bars in the middle to support them since they get inthe way. I don't really like his cage that much but I didn't like hisold one either.

I hope I can make another one! Thanks for the help guys! :)

how much does stanley weigh? freddys almost 4lbsand i dont have any middle supports in there and he does just fine...idont want in there for the same reason cuz i know he loves to go nutsrunning back and forth up and down the levels.. i dunno how he does itw/o smacking into the walls lol their agility is amazing!

I'm not sure because I can't hold him or anything, plus he's a big boy! :p
I think he would need support there though, it seems like he'd just crash it down without them.
If I put cardboard down Stan would find some way to shred it! And yes it really is, they can dodge almost anything! :)

FreddysMom wrote:
how much does stanleyweigh? freddys almost 4lbs and i dont have any middle supports in thereand he does just fine...i dont want in there for the same reason cuz iknow he loves to go nuts running back and forth up and down thelevels.. i dunno how he does it w/o smacking into the wallslol their agility is amazing!

oh oh...heres an idea...get some ply wood andjust build a simple c shapeto whatever size you desire to bein the cage.. that should be study enough to hold him and make like alil hidey place for him..just a thought ;)

You'd be surprised how much weight zip ties andthe NIC squares can hold. Sampson has 1 level in his cage andhe weighs 10 lbs. Elvis is about 8 lbs and he has one too.

Jen

Hi FreddysMom !

LOVE the cage !!!!!! Wordscannot express--I must build one like it...toocool.

Soldering wireworks too, since the cubes can be a bit frail for rambunctiousbunnies :D:D:D!

Kadish Tolesa :)

So ya'll think that it would be able to hold Stanley with his weight?

He'd be fine with just one level as he doesn't use them that much but I think he'd maybe like one.

Oh and is it possible to get something else to line the levels with that he wouldn't attack? :)

Latest posts

Back