Stanley Photo Shoot

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnysideup

Reaction score
Last week I took pics of the cage with it's newgrass mats, and am finally getting them posted. Stanley loves the mats,he has all but decimated one of them....*rolls eyes* I also have somequestions about what you all think his age might be. He seemsteenager-y, what with all of his chewing and the fact that we can'tpick him up at ALL. He is not scared of us. In fact, when I come in topet him (now that we built him the cage he stays in it by his ownchoice most of the time so we're not looking for him under the bed) hegets excited, gives me a bunny kiss and then hunkers down for hispetting. I pet him ALL over, on his nose, side of his face, behind hisears--wooo, he likes it all.
Back to his age: when we first saw him, about 3 weeks beforeThanksgiving, he was small. When we got him the Tuesday beforeThanksgiving, he had at least doubled in size. As soon as we got himhome he grew a lot, and now he's at least double that size, but doesn'tseem to be growing anymore -- maybe it's b/c I see him every day, buthe doesn't seem to be getting bigger when I compare him to thefurniture and things.
Okay, here's Stanley and his new clean cage:

morecleancage.jpg

Look, Ma! I cleaned my room!
niceandclean.jpg

From the other side
morecleancage2.jpg

Stanley entertaining a guest in his new 'crib'
stanleytb.jpg

He's mad at me for squirting him with the water gun - we finally gave up and let him have the mat
dontsquirtme.jpg

Redeeming himself with his cuteness
inyourfacecute.jpg

areyoustillthere.jpg

onefoot.jpg

Hmmm, whatever I did to make this show up with a poll on it, I don't know! Sorry!!

He is cute. he reminds me of my Roger with hismarkings. but roger's markings aredarker. I love the cage too. I want one!!!

Cristy

Is our little buddy's spots brown or grey?

areyoustillthere.jpg
onefoot.jpg

He's so darned cute, I can't standnot being able to pethim.

-Carolyn

Thanks, everyone! Cristy, I'd love to see a pic of your Roger. How cute, a Roger and a Stanley!
Carolyn, his spots are gray AND brown - the last pic is probably the truest to color.
Does anyone have a guess to how old he might be?

It's really hard to determine a rabbit'sage. Experts can sometimes get an idea from the conditiontheir teeth are in, but otherwise, unless I'm mistaken, it's very verydifficult. Usually, as they get older, their coat loses it'sluster, but that can even be hard to determine with some breeds such asthe Polish.

-Carolyn

Oh, ok - I thought it'd be easier since we'd seenhim smaller recently. I've read so much about their behavior beforeneutering vs after neutering...and of course I'd hate to take him forneutering too soon. I guess I just need to get off my duff and take himto the vet. :p

AnnaS wrote:
He is the cutest bunny. His cage is bigger than my apartment.

I could make you one and you could come and live in the Deep South with us. :D Cheap rent, I promise!

i cant find the picture i have resized and mykids are driving me crazy i cant think. If you do a search on Roger itshould show some posts where i did post hispicture.

Cristy

ok i finally found it... This is our Roger... Hehas more white than Stanley does. The shelter said he was 2yrs old.

Cristy

mygrl2k3 wrote:
ok i finally found it... This is our Roger... He has more whitethan Stanley does. The shelter said he was 2 yrs old.

Cristy

They do look a lot alike! :D He's a cutie. :dude:

bunsforlife wrote:
Those mats look like the Pier One seagrass placemats =)

I buy them over here as well. Cost like 3 dollars per mat and boy do the buns love um.

Yep, those are the ones. Stanley is almost through decimating one ofthem, so I guess we have a $3 grass mat habit on our hands!:shock:

Meganc731 wrote:
Lookin' good!!! I'm getting so antsy to do Mr. Wiggles cage. Where did you buy your mats?

Megan

When are you going to start on it?

Sunny, I have a question about the cage that youbuilt. In looking at the picture, it looks like you haveincorporated his regular cage into the design. Any way thepart that has the litter box in seems to have a floor, and looks likethe original cage. Then it looks like you made him a largeplay area, with other levels. Is that how you have itdesigned? He seems to be enjoying is home....the cat doesalso!!! ;) He is such a cutie.. sorry, I do not know abouthis age. With all that growing going on,he isprobably not that old.Happy Holidays!!Beckie

Latest posts

Back