Stanley is being fixed on Wednesday.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymaker64

Reaction score
I'm dreading it. I had Nipper done last week which was bad enough but I still don't know what sex Stanley is yet. When he was 10 weeks old one vet said boy and the other said 99% girl. It's a bigger op for a girl isn't it. Is there more risk. Stanley is my world. I hope it's OK. :?

100_0202.jpg

Good luck!! Hope all goes well, Oscar and I will be thinking of u on wed. Be sure to let us all know how it goes.

Good luck with the 'fixing'

As with the human equivalent of the operation, a hysterectomy is a far harder operation than having testicles removed. The same applies to rabbits, a spay is far more invasive than a neuter.

However, if the vet is rabbit savvy then s/he should have done a great deal. Many people on here have had their bunnies spayed with no complications.

Hopefully there should be no problems at all.

However, if the vet is rabbit savvy then s/he should have done a great deal. Many people on here have had their bunnies spayed with no complications.

I agree with the above. If the vet is rabbit savvy/spay experienced, I'm sure that he/she will come thru like a champ.

For me, there was a big difference in after care. Buddy was just a sleepy lump after his neuterand was good to go the next day.

Carmel, was very alert (in some marked pain) afterward. She sat very still for the entire day, and nipped me when I administered her pain med as she just didn't want to be bothered. I slept on the floor of her room that night because I was a worry wart. But she eventuallyhealed nicely and everything was fine.

Good Luck to you and Stanley!:clover:

I'm sure Stanley will be fine whatever s/he turns out to be, even if Stanley is a girl a good vet wont have any problems doing a spay and I'm sure s/he will get through the op. great.:goodluckI know it's hard but try not to worry.:hug2:

I'm sure Stanley will be fine! He's such a lovely bunny!!:heartbeat:

:goodluck :clover:thinking of Stanley:hug:

-TK :pray:

Big BIG hugs for Stanley and his/her upcoming surgery, and BIG BIG hugs for you as well...I completely understand being nervous (I think it's a common bunny mom/dad thing...you can't not worry! LOL). You'll breathe so much easier once Wednesday has come and gone, and Stanley is once again home in your arms. :)

:hug2:

Here's for a quick surgery and very speedy recovery, Stanley!

Good luck with Stanley!

Butter had his neuter recently, too, and he was in pain for a little while (But the pain meds helped) but pulled through just fine.
Whichever has to happen with him/her, don't freak out if he/she doesn't want to start eating right away, Butter was eating very little for a couple days right after his neuter. I think the anethesia and the pain mess with the appetite.
Good luck again! :)
~Diana and Butter

Buzz is going in on Wednesday, too. Don't worry, whether spay or nueter it's very much a routine surgery now, I'm sure everything will go fine for both of our bunnies!

Well, today's the day. I've got to have him at the vets for 9am. I'm scared but excited at the same time cos I'll find out if he is a boy or a girl. My stomach is full of butterflies. I'll let you all know how it goes. :tears2:

Good luck, I'm sure everything will be fine. :hug2:

Keep us updated please?

~~~~~~
~Michaela, Ebony, Pebble, Madison & Angel Bunny Berri~

Stanley is a BOY. I'm so glad he is too. I don't know how he is yet. I can't phone till 1pm. He did have his boy bits. I just couldn't find them. I think he was hiding them from me. :D

That will make things easier :)

Bunnies are pretty good at sucking themselves up inside, so maybe he was doing that and was playing games to confuse you :p

Not long now untilyou can phone, just keep busy and the time will pass quite quickly.

Let us know when you do.

Thanks. I'm using the time to give he room a good clean and rearrange a little.
By the way the vet weighed him today and he weighs 9 1/2 pounds. He said that is a good weight for his size. Not over or underweight.

Stanley is just coming round from th GA. He is still sleepy but all went well and he is fine. I can pick him up around 3pm. I am so happy. Thanks for all the suport guys.

Latest posts

Back