Stanley is a guard rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymaker64

Reaction score
Yesturday I had a visit from a friend that I havent seen for ages. I took him into Stanleys room as he has never seen him before. I was stroking Stan when my friend came over to me for a closer look. Stanley started grunting loudly and then ran over to my friend and started to sort of box him. Then he sunk his teeth into his ankle.:shock: I was so shocked. Stanley has never been vicious before. My friend ran out of the room and Stanley came back to me for a cuddle. :?He looked up at me as if to say "Your safe now." Do you think that he must have been scared of my friend?

I doubt he was scared of your firned unless your firned was being loud and 'scary'. but he might have been scared of thesmells on your firned. does he have any pets? dog? cat? orhter rabbits? stanley might have smetl them and feared them, or felt that he had to protect his terriotry or somwething?

he might also ahve been jealous of your firned (if hes a jesalous sort of bun).

Yes, my friend has a dog. I never thought of that. In fact that was probably the first time he has met someone that has a dog. WOW you people on here are so smart. :biggrin2:

that is msot likely it then :) my Sky was hilarious when my mum came home smelling of dog a couple of times, it seems to ereally get to them.

My first rabbit used to do that with anyone who came into my room other than me. :shock:My father even mocked me about it, asking if I had something to hide in there. Lol. They didn't smell like anything else but she was a weird and aggressive bunny. I loved her to bits though. :)But normal usually have a very good reason to react that way :pSo your bun was most likely reacting to the scent. Hehe. :p

Or he could just consider you, his personal possession and he wasn't going to share you with another male... He was defending you... You are claimed and owned...

[align=center]:boxing[/align]
I have one boy that will not let ANYONE except me pick him up... I think it's hysterical, (especially when my husband gets bit cause he won't listen to me...) but he's the biggest MUSH in my arms.

[align=center]:muscleman:[/align]
[align=center][/align]

Dog smells really can set them off! Nibbles has never gone after anyone, but I believe she might if she felt jealous enough, or threatened. She's gotten angry at me for bringing dog smells into the house, and has peed on the floor right in front of me to show her anger! ;) (Normally she sticks to her litterbox...)

The other thing that comes to mind is that your friend walked right into Stanley's "territory" and I can see why Stanley would have reacted badly to that (especially with the dog scent on him).

One thought: has Stanley been neutered?

Before Happy was neutered and before he was bonded with Sofi, he would grunt and box my wife when she came close to me. Talk about jealousy!

My bunny does that too! She may not attack right away, but she will usually to everyone in my room except for me!

Yes Stanley has been neutered. I got him done a few months ago as he was circling me constantley. I kept on falling over him. He even circled me when I was going upstairs. It was a nightmare. He has stopped that now. He is like my shadow. Even follows me to the toilet.:?

100_0202-1.jpg

Oh he's gorgeous! What a man! ;)Definitely claiming you!

Now, our bunnies LOVE the dogs. Even Clover who was attacked by my sister's dog who is my dog's sister! she loves Sydney!

I love it! Stanley is definitely a force to be reckoned with! Our Pumpkin, who only weighs about 4 lbs., is very protective, and she HATES men of all species. She was supposed to be a friend for our little Whiskers, but that NEVER happened. The only male that can get near her is our youngest son. We call him the "bunny whisperer." Whenever my older son or my husband go near her, they risk life and limb. They're kind of afraid of her, which is pretty funny! Anyway, you go Stanley....protect that family!

HA! We call my son the SheepWhisperer cause he can train sheep to lay down, come to him, etc., it's really funny!

LOL, in our family it's my youngest daughter. White Chocolate bonded with her almost immediately, to everyone else she was a little terror.
She's a lot calmer now, but still gurding her and her mommy's bedroom :D.

Made me snicker.

TK Bunnies wrote:
Mission: Bunny nap Stanley

Time: 8 hours50 min

:ph34r2

Latest posts

Back