Stairs and Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannah_biota

Reaction score
I am wondering how you deal with stairs and bunnies? When we get a bun it will spend time on both levels of our house, I'm not too worried about the carpeted stairs but we have a banister with a about a 10' drop at the deep end. What kind of material do you use to prevent falls and how high should it be? I don't really want to use wire of there is a more attractive (but not crazy expensive) alternative. Thanks!

Can someone post pics of your banister even if you use wire, maybe it doesn't look as bad as I am imagining? Also still curious about how high up the bunny proofing should go? Or are they cautious around heights and this isn't really an issue? Sorry, I've never had a bunny before :)

Maybe Baby gates or for awhile before they get used to them cardboard, i think its not the most attractive, but bunny saftey is more important than cosmetics. =)

Thanks! We already have baby gates installed, though a bun baby might be able to slip through them but I'm sure I can modify them somehow.. And I agree that safety comes first :).

Latest posts

Back