stains on rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sm412

Reaction score
well i woke up this morning and when i picked upmy rabbit i got red on my shirt. then i looked at him and all over hisunderside is red. i think it is pee, but why would it be red? it isntthick or anything i dont think. but i dont know how to get it off. hedoesnt seem sensitive to my touch anywhere, which leads me to belivethat it is just urine. anyone had this problem and how to get it off?

Has he been eating any thing different lately? Is he drinking enough?

I would think some white vinegar and water mixed together should clean it up.

Does he have any wooden toys that are dyed red? Those rabbit-safe wood dyes will come off if they get wet.

I would keep an eye on him for a few days andmonitor his urine. Be sure hes drinking his water. If it remains verydark I would take him to the vet to be checked.

Also, when you say she had red all over her underside, did it look like blood?

I would double check her vent (crotch) area just to be sure it isntcoming from there. And did you check her toenails to be sure she didntrip one out?

Also want to monitor your bun for UTI (urunary tract infection), which this is one of the symptoms of, blood in the urine.Just want to be cautious and catch it early just in case.;)

Could just be a torn nail like Haley said.

Latest posts

Back