Staining on bunny feet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzym

Reaction score
So this is isn't exactly related to Behavior or Nutrition but I didn't really know where else to put the question...

I have two bunnies and they both have white fur. I've been taking them outside to run around and the fur on the bottoms of their feet are starting to look really dirty. "/ I hear that bunnies aren't very fond of baths but I'd really like to clean them off.

Anyone know of any good ways to clean their feet? :) Any help is greatly appreciated! :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
lizzym wrote:
So this is isn't exactly related to Behavior or Nutrition but I didn't really know where else to put the question...

I have two bunnies and they both have white fur. I've been taking them outside to run around and the fur on the bottoms of their feet are starting to look really dirty. "/ I hear that bunnies aren't very fond of baths but I'd really like to clean them off.

Anyone know of any good ways to clean their feet? :) Any help is greatly appreciated! :biggrin:

My bunny has this too but he's never been outside before. I think it's from the litterbox and when they go to the bathroom, they stand in their pee and I believe thats what makes it yellow. I know they aren't very fond of baths so yes I was struggling with this too but we were thinking of getting a small tray of water in the play pen and seeing if he would hop into it because he doesn't seem to mind water too much. Otherwise if your bunny lets you touch his/her feet then yes i would try the wipes.

I have two bunnys, one HATES baths, the other LOVES them.
I would try giving the a bath with dog/cat/or baby shampoo, who knows? they may like it!
Also, I would look in your pet store for dog shampoo specifically for white dogs. (it'll work for rabbits too!) The shampoo is specifically designed to get rid of staining on white fur. I've used it before on my white dogs and it worked wonderfully! :)
good luck!

Latest posts

Back