Squish the big bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheyrul

Reaction score
When we first got her (found roaming the neighborhood)she was very friendly, would kind of lay in a cradle hold for a minute or so. Very fearful of the other bunnies, who are half her size, liked the dog and the cats.
Then lately, after Snowball came back to live with us :grumpy: she got very territorial, attacked Snowball but kept her distance from the others, would chase the cats and herd them, only allowed Pudge near her. Loved my youngest kid but would only allow head scrubs.
Then we ended up kind of rescuing a kitten. I thought she was going to kill Clawdia (she is poly-dactyl) stayed grumpy and in her cage. Got very territorial of her cage and would charge you when you would clean the box or bring food :rollseyes
Last week, I got fed up with the charging me and being grumpy, so I yanked her out (figure of speech), tossed her in a cradle hold to have a "talk". I had no idea she would stay like that and let me rub her face and head because she would not before. Whatever, she slipped into a happy bunny coma and now begs for me to hold her like this, will actually nip me if I ignore immediate requests. It cracks me up, I have pictures.
photobucket-2189-1343195674179.jpg

photobucket-1868-1343195613860.jpg

Oh, the slight yellow and pink around her nose and on her enormous dewlap is sidewalk chalk. I had her outside while we cleaned cages and the house.

This is the first time, I think she would have stayed in my lap forever but my friend's son kept giving her hugs.
photobucket-2263-1343198618043.jpg

I love the pix!

Bugsy has always been my sweet guy. I built him a NIC cage and I guess he really loves it, so much that he thinks i'm not allowed inside to clean it! Yesterday he charged me for the fist time ever! I let out a squeel!! I thought about it for a second and I scooped him up and had a talk with him toO! lol! He fell asleep and I played Sonic and Tales for a good hour.

Omg that is so cute! She is definitely relaxed in that position. I heard they do go into some kinda "trance" when put on their backs. So interesting...

Nancy McClelland wrote:
:yeahthat: Sometimes they need a little reminder of who's the alpha. Remember, you're supposed to train the bunny, not have the bunny training you! Mine have trained me quite well.
I think she reminded me who is alpha very well :biggrin2: She knows I love it when she "loves" on me and she gets the added perk of a long massage or 3. As long as someone is rubbing her head, dewlap or face she will lay on or by you for a long time.

Cute!!
Just curious, how do you manage to get them into that position?
Buster squirms a lot whenever I manage to pick him up, so I think flipping him onto his back would just be dangerous.
But I want to try this out! I've heard it's wonderful for bunnies :)

Squishes is a lot easier to cradle than the smaller bunnies, maybe because her size or it could be because she really likes it.
She is between 10-12 pounds, so when I pick her up, I put a hand under her front legs, then scoop up her butt with my other hand, then just keep scooping her butt up until she is cradled. As soon as her head/shoulders are on my arm, I switch hands under her butt and start rubbing her face and she immediately relaxes.
Out 4ish pounders much harder because they are so fast and more prone to nip (hard) when ticked off. Except Cookie Monster, he will pretty much let you do anything to him.
I found this moment of Squishes' discomfort funny... Squish is territorial about her cage. She does not like the other bunnies to go in it, especially when she is in it. Usually if somebun goes in, it is when she is out or she leaps out. then they will eat her food because it is the same as theirs but must taste better because it is Squishes' or something. A few days ago when cleaning the messy buns cage, the 3 stooges were hopping about, Squish's door is usually open for her to roam (because she doesn't usually eat cords and cables but loves flipflops)while she was lounging out side of the cage, the stooges went in and ate her food but then Cookie decided to claim her corner in HER cage. She was so mad lol, would stomp but not kick him out or go in her cage.
She gets irritated when Pudge the cat goes in her cage and sleeps on her shelf but while she will not chase him out, she will sleep in her corner.
Pudge is the only cat that will stand up to the rabbits.If they attack his kitten (he claimed her and is much happier since he has his "baby") he will chase them off and defend the kitten. It is funny because he will only act as the aggressor if they hurt Clawdia (kitten), if Squish decides he is too close to her kid or cage and herds him off, he scurries off. I think they speak the same language or something. It can be really funny to watch.

Latest posts

Back