%*$&#@! Squirrels!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thursday, 30-Oct-2008 --
Squirrel designer chooses Dance Fabric

I first noticed the squirrel two nights ago when she jumped out of my potted plant as I reached to straighten the plant next to it (knocked over by said squirrel). Last night, my eye was immediately drawn to the plant because there was all this red fabric wrapped around it. Through a hole in the red, I could see brown fur. I tip-toed to the bathroom for a bath towel and then tip-toed back to the kitchen, where I flung the towel over the plant and quickly secured it underneath.
Holding plant and towel and moving squirrel against my chest, I went out through the garage, which door was still open, and set all down on the driveway. A streak of brown showed that the squirrel was safely returned to the oudoors as soon as I let go (although I broke the plastic pot due to my fear that my grip would not be strong enough to overcome the squirrel's attempt to get free before I got outside).

I lost a few more blinds in my living room due to punctures from claw marks on the second day of the unwanted house guest's stay, and she knocked over more stuff on to the floor in the kitchen (everything in the living room had already pretty much been knocked down Day One). I had some scarves from my dance group on the living room sofa, and that is what she used to make her nest in the potted plant. It took a lot of
work on her part to discover the scarves and move them all into the plant.

I am going to put the scarves outside in the back in hopes that she will find them again and use them in her winter nest outdoors.

Well, Dear Sister, that's the story of the squirrel in my house. I wouldn't have minded sharing the house with her if she would have been more careful of my living room blinds and knick-knacks, plus some other untidy habits that I need to clean up after.

Report from tf's sis,

OMG that is too funny! and it was truly your sister?

Bo B Bunny, I added this to k's thread b/c of your comment... I saw a squirrel today and thought of you. :)

Yup, my older sis.

Just thought y'all would like to hear 'bout the scarf-shopper. This counters the neighbor at my parent's house who typically picks up his gun and shoots groundhogs in the garden, anything that moves. Much to my disappointment.

When my dad told me 'bout the squirrel on the phone, I STRESSED Hav-a-Hart trap, peanut butter on crackers, and nuts, ... and don't frighten, or stress the squirrel out. !! I freaked when my dad said he'd relocate the squirrel to their house. OMG, not near Arnie with the rifle!

Where do they live? People can use my apartment as a squirrel drop-zone if needed. I've given up on fighting with them lol As long as they have food, they are not a problem...

Give up on the squirrels...............

Berry Boo are you paying attention to the way they worked on this? :biggrin2:

:grumpy:

Here are some pictures of specific squirrels...

Biggie Smalls

Igor (pronounced EYE-GORE)

Three of them at work... One per feeder :p

The money shot... :p

kherrmann3 wrote:

Here are some pictures of specific squirrels...

Biggie Smalls

Igor (pronounced EYE-GORE)

Three of them at work... One per feeder :p

The money shot... :p

it's all over...she's named them! once you give a critter a name...its YOURS!

I absolutely love squirrels!

My first real (I mean not just seeing them outside)encounter with a squirrel was when I was about 4... We went camping and for some reason a squirrel was throwing nuts at my father. My father being the mature man he is, decided to retaliate by -yep you guessed it- throwing nuts back at it. :p

My second encounter was at the same age. By now, you know already that my father is a nutcase himself. Well we lived on the second floor by this big big tree. We had many squirrels but one of them was particularly friendly. One day it just popped into the house... My father gave him a nut and that was that. The next day however, the squirrel was jumping in the screen, waiting for us to open the door.

My father decided to have some fun and he made a trail of nuts all over the house. Yep... Then he opened the door and let the squirrel have some fun. We fed that squirrel and a few others until we moved about a year and a half later.

I've been feeding the squirrels here myself but my landlord complained, saying the peanut shells were blocking the electric mower. Right... :grumpy:Ah well, not my house! The squirrel still taps on my window daily even though I haven't put anything out in weeks lol.

I'm sure they can be a pain for you, but at the same time, they are just so fun. Lol. I love the pics btw! Especially the last...

furryface wrote:
Haha! I have a whole HERD of named squirrels!

I have...
- Biggie Smalls
- Lester
- Igor (look at his back in the pic.)
- Ollie
- Baby
- Tiny
- "That Guy" for the ones that don't have much of a distinguishing characteristic or are drifters :p

I have been known to let a squirrel or two loose in our condo (up North, we have a timeshare). Yeah...

Can you get any other kind of feed for them? Shelled peanuts, perhaps? Mine like Crunchberries (cereal) :D

MissBinky wrote:
Lol, I named ours Hammie, like in Over the Hedge :p
Be careful not to leave and soda/energy drinks out :p

I gave in and went and bought a 50# bag of corn. They better stop chewing on my bird seed :p I also threw some old pita bread out there. It's a carb, they should like it :cool:

Bo B Bunny wrote:
:laugh:

furryface wrote:
She will move away and have a pack of squirrels following her.

Oh, God. I really hope not! lol

I have artistic squirrels, though :D Feast your eyes on THIS!

The yellow is the corn, and the black is the black oil sunflower seeds. I know that the "funnel shape" was only created because the hole for the food to fall through is in the middle of the acrylic plate, but I was still amused by this :p It's purdy.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
funny-pictures-angry-squirrel-leaves-screaming.jpg
kherrmann3

:p

wrote:
When high-speed Crunchberries fail, buy more squirrel feed.

:laugh::laugh: OMG, I fell of my chair laughing at this, hit my head off of the door frame and still couldnt stop laughing at this, my brother was giving my the strangest looks from across the hall way
:laugh:

Latest posts

Back