Spyro is at the vet for Spay :o(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bitsygiggles

Reaction score
:( He was all weird and grumpy for twodays before, I am not sure whether it is just the smells ofthe foster buns in the house, or if he overheard me making theappointment.:scared:
We dropped him off this morning at 8:30 My kids were very sad too :tears2:
We all gave him kisses and hugs, poor Bunny Bun Bunnerson Jr.
:bunnieskiss
Anyhoo, we are waiting to hear from them so we can go pick himup......still waiting, it's 9:30am........guess we will have to keepwaiting..... I know I know they said the afternoon
man it's going to be a long wait, Sadie (she's 2yrs) keeps asking where bunny is all sad.
let ya know how it goes.

Aww, poor little man...

He should be good as new within a few days of the op.

When the foster boys went in for neutering, they wheren't even out for a day. They acted like nothing happened.

Most vets will do sugery in the morning, and then call around 3pm for pick up.

--Dawn

I'm sure he'll still love you...

Give him lots of love, and a nice warm blankie to snuggle with (maybethrow is snuggle blankie in the dryer for a few minutes to warm itup). And lots of yummy things to eat.

I'm sure he'll forget the whole thing within a few hours.

--Dawn

Thanks Dawn and everyone for your sweetthoughts. Dawn I am going to go pick up some more of thoseblankies (speaking of blankies) would you like me to grab you some ifthey have them?

can't wait to see the baby pics you have. I am going to add photos of my foster buns to my photo bucket as well...

little girl escaped this morning and had the other bunnies all jealous.

anyhow thats for the bunny blogs I guess...

He's home!!! The vet said wow he had some balls to be proud of! who knew he was soo manley!?!? lol

He is still on pain meds, and a little slow, but happy to be cuddledand home. We bought him a new little rug for his home, andthe cutest little fabric box to hang out in from the dollarstore.

Sorry Dawn they were out of the baby blankets, but I'll keep an eye out for them , as I would like some more too.

But my new fave items there are these little weaved fabric mats they'rethe perfect size, and Spyro seems very pleased with theaddition. Also the little fabric box. is kinda thesize of a shoe box, its a perfect fit for him and so cozy.

also found some great little food dishes there for the fosterbuns. (names to be announced, one little boy has a name now)Hopefully they can't dump this one.

thanks for listening guys! I will find my camera and post a photo ofhis new items for his home, with him enjoying them of course.

I look like I have tried to slit my wrists athousand times!!! Spyro does NOT want me checkin out hismanly bits. Although he seems to be doing well, I stillwanted to peek and make sure it was looking good. He is quiteswollen, but not red or irritated looking. He has never beenso upset at the thought of being laid on his back. I havescratches on my neck, my forearms top and bottom! and I have 2 largecontinuous lines from wrist to elbow!! It looks like I'vebeen to war with a rose bush and lost.

I was trying to be sure not to let him hurt himself, so was trying tokinda go with his movements (if you know what I mean) sothere was no abrupt movements that would let him hurthimself. Anyhoo guess it worked he's not in anypain, though he huffedat me! He was still willing to take plenty of head rubsafterwards (like no hard feelings) lol

yeesh.

I called the vet and she said to just watch for redness, or if he seems to be 'going at it"

can you imagine a little cone on him to keep him from it ? Had a dog with one OMG not a good look.

hope the swelling goes down tomorrow, as it worries me. He is eating though.

I think a little bit of swelling is normal.

Have you tried getting him to stand up for a treat? When Ineeded to check my girls after their spays, I would lay down next tothe cage and hold a treat up so they'd have to stand up a little to getit. They'd usually brace on the cage bars while they werechewing. It gave me enough time to make sure everything wasclean and looked ok. Considering Mocha was very cageaggressive and would have taken my hand off, Fey was still pretty shyof people and kicked like a demon when picked up, and Sprite did andstill does hate hands, that's about the only way I could have checked.

Spyro has recovered very VERY well from his weeoperation. I made the mistake of feeling badly for him (as heseemed a little depressed) and gave him a full day of running anywherehe would like in the house (minus the bedrooms) yeeeeah welllnow he thinks he's the boss for sure.

Why is it not enough!?!? he seems to still think that he should be inthe bedrooms!? he's constantly digging at the closed doors, and if hesees you open one he will run in behind you, even though he knows idon't want him in there. this morning I went in to mydaughters room just to get a sweater from her closet he came to thedoor and looked at me. I said no and snapped my fingers (which believeit or not he knows means get!) he honked at me smacked his feet on thefloor and made a run for under the bed!!!! what a rotter!

anyhoo he's definately back!

Thanks for keepin tabs on him!

Glad the little guy is doing well!

Your situation sounds very familiar. Each bun thinks he rules theplace...I have to watch my step when I leave a room to make sure I donthave a bunny trailing me!

Latest posts

Back