Spring Time Fun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring

Reaction score
Welcome to the jungle! Well.. welcome to the house of Spring!

2007 has finished, so what better than to have a new fresh start with a new blog! You can read up on the good old times in my old blog, but now it's time to start with new stories and get ready for new pictures and memories!

Poppy, Pebbles, Jasmine and Bruno's Blog!

Bruno and Poppy are still happily bonded.. loving each others company and loving all the room they have. It's so cute seeing them together, they are definitely a lot happier! We're still working on making sure Poppy doesn't get pushed to the side at meal time because Bruno is such a big pig.. but we're doing well!

I've focused my bonding energy on Pebbles and Jasmine now. I had a few bonding sessions with them, all went well. They now mutually hate each other after an unplanned encounter.. but I like a challenge! ;)

Jan3005.jpg

Not to muchgoing on lately.. been quite lazy and having lots of 'me' time.. which usually consists of eating and sleeping!

I did move everyone down into the rabbit room today so that they can get better acquainted and have more room (especially for poor Pebbles and Jasmine!). They seem to be doing well.. there was a bit of chasing and mounting from Bruno when I first brought the girlies down, but they are doing well now!

I thought it would also be appropriate to add in a bit about my guys for some people who don't know them too well :).

Poppy:

Poppy is just perfect.. what else can you say! I can't evenput into words how much I love her.She's a wonderful little girl, my baby of the group even though she is the oldest at just under 4 years old. She loves to be near someone and cuddled. She will climb on your lap if she feels like she wants attention or is nervous about something. She is recently bonded to my only boy, Bruno and she adores him! She's very clingy around him.. following him and always pushing her head under his gigantic head wanting attention. I call them the Odd Couple because they have very similar markings.. but Bruno is my biggest bunny at approx 12lbs and Poppy is my smallest at just over 4lbs. She's quite mellow and doesn't mind to be held and picked up. She never puts up a fuss about anything, and is an overall happy bunny :).

Pebbles:

Pebbles.. she holds a special place in my heart. My heart warms just thinking about her.. I've known her since she was just an iddy biddy baby and going through all the tough times and great times have really shown me what a special girl she is. She's very outgoing and naughty.. and loves to push my buttons. She gets a bit silly with her pellets and will try to bat the dish out of your hands during meal time if your not careful! She's very playful and loves to run around, but she has her moods where she will lunge and bite if she's not happy about something! She has a gorgeous mane I love to brush and play with.. she's so proud of it!

Bruno:

Ohh Bru.. he truly is something else. He is my first male bunny and boy, did he give me a great impression about male bunnies! He is very special to me, and I love him very much. He can be a sweetheart then turn into a very bratty 'child'.. I call him the teddy bear trying to be a grizzly bear. If he's having a good day, he loves to sit on the couch watching t.v. Sometimes I think he thinks he's a person.. because he will just crawl right up next to you, sometimes fully on your lap (which is a bit tough being a 12lb boy!) and close his eyes. On Bad days or at bad moments.. he can be a bit of a pain to deal with! He has a very short temper and hardly ever gets nervous or scared - he goes straight to anger! He won't hold back when he's upset - he will shake and chew bars.. bite and pull at your skin.. grunt.. box.. and pretty much act like a 2 year old who's mom refused to buy him candy! Spoilt brat sums him up pretty will.. but his heart is bigger than his brain and I wouldn't trade him for the world.

Jasmine:

Jasmine is my newest girl, and to tell you the truth, she has really grown on me. In the beginning, it was hard for me to feel the connection with her for some reason.. but over the past week it has changed a lot. She came to me as a very shy and scared bunny and has quickly blossomed into a bossy outgoing bunny who wants nothing more than to be right by your side cuddling. She loves to make guinea pig sounding noise and thump for no reason. She loves roaming around and exploring and absolutely adores being on my bed! She's also quite naughty and will put on the shy act just to get attention. The change from when she first came here to now is outstanding.. from huddling up in a corner thumping every time you came near her.. to whenever she sees someone she goes running up wanting attention.. she definitely isn't a shy girl!

How adorable when they are snuggling and sleeping! who's the one in the corner trying not to be disturbed when the other one moves?

Everything is going well in the bunny house today..

I had Poppy and Bruno out on the couch for t.v. time. They are so sweet together!

Jan5001.jpg

Bruno and his adorable lop face..

Jan5002.jpg

Poppy in natural light.. sorry it's a bit blurry

Jan5003.jpg

Bruno looks gigantic compared to wittle Poppy in this picture haha!

Jan5007.jpg

Poppy wondering what I`m doing..

Jan5006.jpg

Wondering if they should jump off the couch.. :p

Jan5011.jpg

Squishy faces

Jan5021.jpg

Cuddling..

Jan5022.jpg

A moment later.. Bruno deciding Poppy doesn`t need to see!

:biggrin2:

AHHHH mooshy Bru face *squishes* :inlove::hugsquish::bow.

He and Poppy are just the most perfect couple, I am SO SO SO SO happy for them and for you!

:woohoo

Those last two pics are absolutely precious, oh man, that's cuteness overload material right there :shock:.

Hehe thanks!

I'm happy too.. they are so cute together.. I haven't had a problem since I moved them in, so hopefully they have a strong bond! :D

I did some bonding with Pebbles and Jasmine.. it went alright. Just a short bonding to ease them back into being together. It seems that moving them in side by side has really helped. Pebbles nipped Jasmine a few times.. but no real fights! Jasmine kept shoving her head under Pebbles hehe.. I was keeping an eye on her since I know she can be a bit of a sneaky brat ;).

I'm starting to use more natural lighting and the pictures are coming out SO much better.. here's some pictures from bonding!

Jan6020.jpg

Not sure about each other..

Jan6019.jpg

Bunny Butt!

Jan6018.jpg

Jasmine sticking her head under Pebbles

Jan6017.jpg

Jasmine flattening herself.. she does look comfy though doesn't she? I think she was a tad nervous/scared though.

Jan6016.jpg

Jas and Pebbles bum

Jan6015.jpg

Pebbles!

Jan6014.jpg

Jasmine getting some pets

Jan6013.jpg

Pretty girls

Jan6012.jpg

I LOVE this picture of Pebbles!

Jan6011.jpg

Jas hiding under Pebbles

Jan6010.jpg

"I guess you're alright..."

Jan6008.jpg

This was so sweet

Jan6007.jpg

Jas under Pebbles again hehe

Jan6006.jpg

Jas!

Jan6005.jpg

"Hmm..."

Jan6004.jpg

Jasy trying to cuddle with Pebsy

Jan6003.jpg

Pebbles looking slightly nervous hehe

Jan6002.jpg

"GROOM ME!!"

Aww...those pictures are absolutely ADORABLE!! I'm so sorry I missed them when you posted them...

They're both so so darling...give them kisses for me! :)

:flowerskiss::flowerskiss::pet::pet::big kiss::big kiss:

Aww Spring I LOVE you little cutie pies!

Bruno looks so smushy and cuddly! And I love Poppy's DBF in the video! Pebbles has the most adorable side profile, and Jas' coloring is the best :biggrin2:!

Aww Leanne,i have always loved your guys.....but i absolutely adore Bruno what a hunky bunny :inlove:,and Jasmine is just the most prettiest little girl.

And Pebbles and Poppy arebeautiful as ever.

I had to have a little giggle when i read in one of your posts that you love a challenge.....i said to myself...'yep she sure does' your bunnies are lucky to have such a sweet and very patient and determinedmum like you :)

Cheryl

I love the odd couple! She is SO darned cute! and he's just such a hunka man bun!

Pebbles sure doesn't look sure about this friend thing....... Jasmine looks like she's ready to have a best friend for life! So cute!

Your photos are great! I love Pebbles and Jasmine together, they are a cutie pie couple!!! And of course sweet Bruno and Poppy, who can help but love those two. They've all come such a long way since you first started trying to bond them!

Nadia

Aww I missed all the updates- everyone looks lovely!

I love this picture:

Jan6004.jpg

They are so cute! Jasmine reminds me so much of Latte, the foster rexy girl who I had for a while. Shes so pretty!

Thanks guys! :D

I haven't done too much with bonding.. a few quick sessions here and there.. I now have them out on top of the deep freeze with a blanket on top with a pile of hay for bondingso they didn't really have anywhere to go. I'm still waiting for it to get a bit warmer before I try a car bonding session.. but for now just short introductions in a very small area due to major brattiness and silliness by both parties. :rollseyes

Everyone is doing well! Bruno and Poppy are still great, except when Pebbles is out and goes near their cage, then they start tussling a bit.. but a sharp HEY! cuts any silliness. I just have toherd Pebbles back in and they go back tokissies and cuddles.I now have Pebbles exercising in a different room, because she just LOVES teasing them and watching them fight.. I swear!

I am doing well.. provincial exam on Wednesday, then I start semester two. I'm also going to look for a job pretty soon, so that I can get some money saved up for a car when I turn 16. I recently learned that the driving age for the Learners (where you have strict rules and have to drive with someone over 25 or something silly?) it's extend from 1 year to 2 years.. so I am NOT happy about that! It changes all my plans and makes me a grumpy butt. They expect an 18 year old to have mommy, daddy or someone older with them to drive to work or to post secondary schooling? Ha.. and in an area where there isn't really any close public transportation, my 'close' freedom has been bumped back a year.. I'm not too pleased with that!

My memory card is loaded, so no pics until I can get the ones on mycard developed.. sorry! :D

Hi! :D Thought I would update..

It's been really snowy and cold here, but today was so nice! Still crisp, but the sun is warm and it's a beautiful day... perfect day for bunny bonding!

Poppy and Bruno have been enjoying married life.. I am so glad I bonded them, I couldn't imagine them apart now! There have been absolutely no problems, they are both very happy together :).

Sleepy boy (He's a bit chubby, but most of that is his thick fur!)

Feb1001.jpg

"Huh?"

Feb1004.jpg

The questioning looks..

Feb1003.jpg

Feb1005.jpg

I had to check Poppy's feetsies.. so thought I'd take some cute pics..

I just love this one..

Feb1023.jpg

She's so easy to trance. I just have to tilt her back a tiny bit, and she goes right into it. She's always been an easy relaxed girl to handle.

Feb1024.jpg

Poppyrules!

Feb1025.jpg

Bonding pictures :). They both LOVED the nice warm sun in the kitchen. I had to close the blinds halfway through, was too bright for Jasmine. Pebbles on the other hand sat right infront of the slightly open door, loving the nice warm sun and fresh air! :D

"Ahhh.. this is the life.."

Feb2021.jpg

"I wanna go outsideeeezzzz"

Feb2018.jpg

Pebbles likes PJs..

Feb2017.jpg

Jasmine liked sitting inside the basket..

Feb2014.jpg

Loving the sun..

Feb2013.jpg

Greeting each other..

Feb2012.jpg

Pretty girls..

Feb2008.jpg

Jasmine heard a bird hehe..

Feb2003.jpg

In the almost empty toy box..

Feb2002.jpg

Ohh noo! :shock:Better put Bruno on bunny patrol.. I'm telling ya, don't want to mess with a cranky, tantrum throwing 11lb package of smooshiness!

He's like a big grizzly bear, I swear.. he's so fearless and will throw a tantrum at the drop of a hat.. he can also be the biggest smooshiest kissy boy ever!

Everyone needs a french lop :inlove:

aww they all look so happy and healthy! Isnt it adorable how they love to bask in the sun as it shines through the window? My bunnies all do that.

I think we all cant wait until Spring!

Latest posts

Back