Spray for wood?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixxie

Reaction score
I am almost ready to let my bunny be free range (just in my room for now).I have bunny proofed everything. i've:
-put tubing on wires and cords
-blocked off under my bed
-blocked of the reachable books
-hung plants from ceiling
and other stuff i can't think of right now.......
ANYWAY, i was wondering if theres some sort of spray for spraying on wood so my bun wouldn't chew on my nightstand.if so, if you could find a website that sells it online that would be great.
ALSO, is there a website or method for training your rabbit to only jump on your bed by a command?
thnx
Chey :pinkelepht:
:bunnybutt:

You can get the Bitter Apple or other sprays that are supposed to deter pets from chewing, but none of them worked with our guys.

jujub793 wrote:
you can rub ivory soap along the wood work its not poison but it tastes bad and it discourages them from chewing on the wood.
that dont always work... my friends bunny likes the taste of soap and speaking of which, on a ppl note, my boyfriends little brother used to eat the soap when he was a kid (his mom told me lol) and they had to remove all soaps from his reach lol. so careful that bunny dont grow a liking to it lmao >.<

AquaticRex wrote:
jujub793 wrote:
you can rub ivory soap along the wood work its not poison but it tastes bad and it discourages them from chewing on the wood.
that dont always work... my friends bunny likes the taste of soap and speaking of which, on a ppl note, my boyfriends little brother used to eat the soap when he was a kid (his mom told me lol) and they had to remove all soaps from his reach lol. so careful that bunny dont grow a liking to it lmao >.<
too funny!..i cant leave a bar of soap anywhere my pitbull can reach ..she looves soap!..and shes sneaky about it too...tiptoes into the bathroom ..tiptoes out with a mouthful of bubbles...weird.

I've never found applying various flavors to things effective in deterring chewing by any animal. If they want to chew badly enough nothing will deter them and you'll always find a few who like whatever the flavor is. Plus the first time you go to pull out a drawer or something and get that stuff on your hands you'll regret it. I'd bend NIC panels in to loops and put them over the legs or if the whole thing comes to the floor just surround it.

Back