Spot could be passing away:(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spot

Reaction score
I took my bunny Hopper for a walk(grazing on grass)and I decided to take her out to Spot's cage.I decided to let Spot live in the rabbit run and she has a largetote container that she lives in.She was very happy and always out of her house and hopping around but today when I looked in i saw her in her house just laying there.She was just laying there.She is still breathing but she didn't have any type of reaction when I came up to the side(she usually does).There is a wild cherry tree behind her cage and I know that they are poisonous but very few leaves blow in(I have only swept around 4 leaves out in the past few days)so I know it's not that.I'm afraid she is almost to the end of her road because she is 8 years old.Her behavior just changed so quickly:/

If she's not eating and is lethargic, I would take her to the vet. She's old, but it might just be a bit of gas and fairly easy to get her through.

Oh no :( Poor Spot :( And right when you got a new bunny. I agree, get Spot to the vet! Keep us updated!

I hope it's just gas.I'm going to wait a little longer and see what happens.I am sooo upset.I don't know what I would do if something happened to her:cry1:The thing is that I can't take her to the vet anytime soon.There are a lot of things going on in my family and I am really busy with work.I am just in a really bad situation:(

Ok,things are a little better.I decided to take the top off of her house and she came out.She is sitting in the shade and there is a nice breeze.I'm thinking it could have been the heat.She has a big bowl of water and her water bottle is full.I am hoping she will get better.

How is she doing now? How hot does it get out there? I know there are things you can do to keep your bunny cool in the summer. Does she have shade? You should put some bottles of water in the freezer and then give them to her to lie against so she stays cool. Heat is a dangerous thing for bunnies- my bunnies are indoors, but I still have to point a fan at Rory's cage when it gets warm out!

To keep her cool, you can lightly mist her ears with water. Is she eating, drinking, pooping, and peeing?

Back