Splinter needs a Friend.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epic_win

Reaction score
So Splinter is 3 months old. I finally got the OK from the boyfriend to get another bunny (how can you just have one?!?!). I have always wanted a Flemish Giant, and I prefer to have boy bunnies. I would probably get a baby, probably 10-12 weeks old. But what are the chances of them getting along? Splinter is a pretty gung-ho little guy. With Flemish Giants getting so large I don't want Splinter to get hurt in a fight.

But on the other hand I have heard that most Flemish Giants are very docile and that the younger the bunnies are the better chance there is of them bonding and learning to love each other.

Any experiences/suggestions?

Or do you suggest a different kind of bunny?

I would wait until Splinter is older and neutered. They could be the best of friends when they are little, but they should both be neutered to prevent possible fights. Two teenage rabbits might not get along, either, because of their little bunny hormones.

Here is some good info on bonding bunnies from the House Rabbit Society (HRS).
http://rabbit.org/faq/sections/introductions.html

Splinter can be neutered in a couple of weeks. And I know he likes other bunnies because he has play dates with his siblings once a week. I'm more worried about the other bunny than Splinter. I am looking at Juliette http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11533867

She is from Bright Eyes Sanctuary. I would love to help out that shelter. It is very close to me and I know that they are becoming overrun with bunnies. I have plenty of room to keep them separate if need be for a little while. It's hard to pass up a bunny that you really want. QQ

She looks like a sweetie! :) Sometimes with "teenage" buns, they can be quite volatile. Once spayed/neutered, you should allow them to have a few weeks to themselves to let their hormones dissipate.

Yeah i don't plan to hastily i ntroduce any bun to Splinter. But I do know that he just loves other bunnies.

Here is him with another bunny

038-1.jpg

What a cutie! I think it is good to have him neutered before you try to introduce him to somebun. I would ask if Bright Eyes does bunny dates, because you really can't tell who your bunny is going to get along with. It does sound like Splinter's pretty laid back, but it's always best to let them choose their mate. Tony was very difficult to find a friend for, since we took him on a few dates and he didn't like the others. You can of course ask to take him on dates with male flemmies first. It is easiest to do male/female bonds, but male/male is fine, especially if they're calm bunnies.

Latest posts

Back