Splinter isn't what I thought he was?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He may not be done growing, and he's probably just a very small rabbit with a dwarf gene. Very small rabbits can just show up, I have had that happen in my Mini Rex lines. Right now I have two bucks that are 8-10 months old and around 2 lbs , one is very small. It seems to run in my lines. I'll try and weigh them tomorrow. Its normal, and it happens, one of the reasons why I don't like to cull peanuts, because sometimes their not peanuts but perfectly healthy small rabbits. He most likely is a Holland Lop, a tiny really cute one!!

One of my baby Hollands in my oldest litter (6 weeks) is super small. I think he must have double dwarf in him. I removed his siblings to wean them and left him in there with the hopes that some extra food from mom would get him to catch up a bit. I'm thinking he's always going to be a wee little boy. Perhaps your Splinter is in the same boat.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sooooo cuuute!:inlove:

Okay I weighed my two little guys, the one is 2.5lbs, the second is 3lbs even. Checked their birthdates, they are about 10 months old. I think your little guy at 5 months is going to grow some more, but still be small. Sometimes the really small ones just show up, or can run in a particular line.

Latest posts

Back