Spinning angora hair

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buster2369

Reaction score
Someone sent this to me recently and I thought it was interesting.

I know there are a lot of people here with angora rabbits and wonder what to do with all their hair.

This woman works in the NYC area and spins her own fur to make sweaters, scarfs, etc.

The video is called "Where do our clothes come from?" and you can see her making yarn...

http://www.twainstwines.com/videos.shtml

If you are interested and live in the New York City area here is info about upcoming classes... I don't know if she would spin fur you sent her and send back yarn...

http://www.twainstwines.com/upcoming.shtml

anyway, just thought I would share :biggrin:

How neat I would love to learn how to spin. Im currently selling ms. pumpkins wool on ebay cause I have no use for it at this time.

I have just been collecting Houdini's wool because I dearly want a scarf. I'm going to check out the class! I'm in PA, but it could be a day trip.

I have just been collecting Houdini's wool because I dearly want a scarf. I'm going to check out the class! I'm in PA, but it could be a day trip.

Thanks for sharing. Had a Kuvacz (big white long haired dog) wish I had known how to spin then, I would have coat, socks, hat, scarf, for seven people.

Thanks for sharing. Excellent idea for those who have angoras.

K :)

As a spinner I can't suggest enough learning how to spin, most people think you need a wheel but google spinning with a spindle. One can be made from a piece of dowel, old CD, some rubber rings and a little cup hook or purchased cheaply online... there's some great tutorials out there about learning how to spin.

Although it might be easier to learn with wool to get the hang of it because angora can be a bit slippery.

Latest posts

Back