spine issues

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatcrazybunny

Reaction score
i got Ryley from a girl, and one of the things that i noticed is that when i rub his back, you can really feel his spine... i never felt that on shadow. like, it's extremely noticeable. i can actually count each spine piece. is it supposed to be like that? i need to get him weighed still, but is there perhaps any other ideas as to why i can feel it so pronounced to the touch?

he is actually kinda chubby in every other area, just the spine, and i'm wondering if it would make him more delicate with possible back problems later...

It sounds like he is lacking flesh condition. Sometimes it is genetic too, but he also may not have been kept on a diet that provided all the nutrients he needs.

What are you feeding him now and how long has he been with you?

i've had ryley for about 3 weeks now.

i currently have him on two servings of pellets (i was thinking that he didnt have enough to eat while he was with his former owner). i'm also feeding him hay as well, he's always got some in his cage. is there anything i can do to help a bit more??

Was he the same way when you bought him or has this developed since then?

What type of pellets are you feeding?

Is his fur sleek and shiny? Or dull and kind of dead? If you pet him from tail to head, does it fall back into place or stick up?

Sorry for all the questions! But it will help get a better idea of what might be going on. :)

he's been like that since i got him. his fur is really sleek and very soft, not dead at all, very fluffy and soft. he is very active too, very affectionate and eats like it's his last day, so i dunno whats wrong...

Latest posts

Back