Specific Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamgal042

Reaction score
yes i realize i posted this in an earlier thread i made, but since its on page 3 not replied to, i figure ill post it again.

ive been trying to introduce ivory and ebony as suggested in otherposts. ive been putting both of them in the bathtub for limited amountsof time for the past couple days, minus the days ive been sick. everytime i have put them together, however, ivory mounts ebony. i know thisis just to show dominence and establish stuff, but seeing as Ivory isat least 3-4 times bigger than Ebony, and Ebony can easily fitunderneath Ivory, i wonder if this is actually okay for ebony. impositive both are boys, so thats not an issue. is ivory going to keepdoing this? or should i just keep them seperated?

I'm sorry Dreamgal. It seems like you are doingeverything right, I haven't got experience of two bucks together, but Iremember my best friend had two bucks and one was constantly mountingthe other (it was the large one that did the mounting). I canunderstand you not wanting Ivory to hurt Ebony (wow those names go sowell together), but it maybe something they will keep doing. Are theyboth neutered? If not it may be worth trying that.

Like I said I'm not experienced at all so I could be wrong. I justthought I would give my opinion to bump this up, to see if anyoneelseknows.

Sorry to hear you have been ill. I hope your feeling better now.

Is it just me or has Ivory grown since I last saw him?

Vickie

yea, ivory's gotten a lot bigger. he's now thesize of a small cat :) hes prolly actually about as big as myaunt's5 year oldyorkie dog.

Dreamgal I tried finding your original post but couldn't , anyway I amnot experienced about bonding bunnies but I think if you keep them on"neutral ground" and you are supervising then I guess time is what youneed. From what I have read it all takes time, I don't think thereshould be too much trouble and I'm sure if your little Ebony gets tooupset about things then he will skeddadle away from Ivory, keep an eyeon them when they are together and if gets too nasty then seperate themand try again later when they are out and about.

As I said I haven't done bonding before I have only read about it but I wish you luck :):):)

Latest posts

Back