Special Needs Rabbit Cart

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyRabbits

Reaction score
I have a Flemish Giant who has sustained a back injury. He is no longer able to keep his hind feet under him. I am working with the vet with him, but I would like to get him into a special cart so he can locomote better with his front legs. The commercially available carts are very expensive, and my husband is wanting to make one.

Also, commercial carts are based on dogs and just have wheels which go forward and back. We are wanting to make this with ball-bearing castors that will go in any direction.

To attach the rabbit to the cart we are thinking of modifying one of his harnesses.

Anyway, has anyone else built their own cart or know someone who has who might have advice to give us in this area? We would really appreciate any suggestions or shared experience.

Nora

Ive never seen one for a rabbit before. Buying or making one seem like the only option. Send pics of the cart when yah make one. Love to see both of your handy work. If it's cheaper then the one you can buy you should think about patenting it. Help bunnys around the world.

Have you seen the Cats, Rabbits and More website? There is a section under Rabbit Care about disabled rabbits and some video with carts. There is also a mailing list for those with disabled rabbits. Members of that group might be able to give you some tips.

Thanks everybody. I was actually able to find an affordable cart at DogsToGo.com and am looking into ordering there. The YouTube videos were heartening. I hope Guenther does so well with his cart.

Latest posts

Back