Special food for dwarfs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[font="Arial, Helvetica,sans-serif"]Supa Rabbit Excel® Junior & Dwarf is acomplementary premium rabbit food for junior rabbits (less than 16weeks), pregnant and lactating does, as well as dwarf breeds. Thenuggets are of an ideal size and are nutritionally balanced; designedto be fed with good quality roughage, such as Supa Forage Excel® orhay, which should always be freely available. [/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Supa Rabbit Excel®contains PROFEED®, a blend of natural carbohydrates, which provide anenergy source for only the beneficial bacteria in the intestinal tractof the rabbit. It therefore helps combat bacteria, such as E coli andClostridia, which can lead to digestive upsets, thus regulating andmaintaining healthier digestion.[/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica,sans-serif"]IngredientsCereal grains, dried forage, products and by-products of legumeseeds, products and by-products of sugar production, minerals,oils, fats, fructo-oligosaccharides, and entercoccus faeclumM74. Contains no coccidiostat. Vitamins guaranteed until best beforedate. No added colours or preservatives.[/font]

* these few ingredients worryme , especially where the first product mentionedis cereal grains , seems to mehigh in fats and sugar content , Iwouldnt use it .

The contents of the feeds in the US and the UKare surprisingly different! Our feeds are primarily alfalfaor timothy hay, where it seems that your UK brands are primarilycomposed of grains or legumes. Would be interesting tocompare the aspects of feeding the different diets and how it effectscondition and what effect it has on GI diseases.

Pam

LOL Gypsy -- The same red flags went up for me
flag_red.gif

Pam

I did really like the photo of the English Spot on their site:

It's got a beautiful sweep of the chain down the shoulder and it reallyshows good graduation with the spots increasing in size to the end ofthe chain.

Pam

[align=right]
rabbitmontage.jpg
[/align]

pamnock wrote:
I did really like the photo of the English Spot on their site:

It's got a beautiful sweep of the chain down the shoulder and it reallyshows good graduation with the spots increasing in size to the end ofthe chain.

Pam

[align=right]
rabbitmontage.jpg
[/align]
Yepthat is a great pic, thats the problem over here wether its rabbit ordog food we just can get the quality, does anyone have a sugestions onwhat to feed?

any Feed thatlists a Grain product first means its themain ingrediant , Had it listed Alfalfaor timothy product as its main ingrediantI wouldnt worry .

I always question by products , you cannever tell what it really is ,it could even be animal byproducts for all we know it isnt specific.

I agree Pam That Enlish Spotis eye candy for sure.

samandshawn wrote:
Ok so what do you think of their normal supa rabbit excel?

Trying to compare our US feeds with those in the UK is like trying tocompare apples and oranges. Quote from "Rabbit Production":Alfalfa meal is a very desirable feed for rabbits and, in much of theUS, is the largest single component of commercial rabbitfeeds. I'm assuming that availability of Alfalfa inthe UK may be limited, so is not an option for producing commercialfeeds.

I am assuming that the feeds in the UK actually contain the samechemical balance as the feeds in the US, even though differentingredients are used. If your rabbit appears to be doing welland is healthy, I see no reason to change feeds. "If it ain'tbroke, don't fix it".

Pam

You can also begin slowing adding dark leafygreens and some veggies to your rabbit's diet as well as plenty ofhay. Your rabbit is currently receiving a healthy, balanceddiet with the proper nutrients for growth.

Pam

Ok i first brought supa rabbit because Its whatthey give out at rabbit shows here as prises, so i thaught it must beok, when I changed Shawn on to it his coat was so muchbetter. So would you say stick with the normal supa rabbit orput the dwarfs on the dwarf food?

Alfalfa seems to be common here in horse feeds but its hard to buy in apet store, not sure why they dont use it in rabbit food though

I'd stick with the feed that giving the bettercoat -- it can be anindicator that the rabbit is getting toomuch protein if their coat is continually in poor condition.

Pam

[font="Arial, Helvetica,sans-serif"]Just had a look at the ingredents for both theexcel and the dwarf the only difference is the protein the dwarf has16% and the excel has 12%, the ingredents is the same in both, so arethey saying that dwarfs need more protein?[/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][/font]

The dwarfs have a higher metabolism -- 16% isgenerally what we used for most breeds here in the US. 14% isalso good, but harder to find. I don't know off-hand of anyUS brands that have 12% protein.

Pam

I would put production animals on 16%.Older pets and rabbits indoors that are not used for showing should beon lower protein.

Pam

Back